I'm confused about my three year old?

I have a three year old and he whines all the time for nothing. When I go to work and he is with his daddy he dont do this and when he is in daycare I dont hear them reporting any of the whines. Why does he do it with me or the minute I get back in from work?

mystery8307

Asked by mystery8307 at 9:09 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• He knows you will listen. When my little ones start whining they are told to stop and if it continues they are sent to their room until they can stop whining.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:11 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• yeah...my kids do that. when they're with their dad, they listen. as soon as i enter the room, the whining begins...and my husband is like "oh no..you were just find until your mother got here!"

us moms have a tendency to be more of a softy than dad or their teachers, (teachers learn that being a softy can create craziness. obviously every situation is different and they are "soft" every now and then, but they know to be firm with the rules) kids sense this and so when mom comes in the picture, out comes the whining. why do you think that when dad says no, they run to mom? lol, my 4yr old has picked up on that and tried it a couple times...dh and i know to ask the other before we answer though lol
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:08 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• OMG, YOU TOOK THE WORDS OUT OF MY MOUTH- WORD FOR WORD !!!!

i have a 3 year old & she whines NON STOP ! but doesn't do it when she's here with her dad when i'm at work or anywhere else & starts THE SECOND i walk in the door !

trust me, if i knew the answer, i'de answer my own ! LOL good luck, your not alone mama ! :)
    ZoeyMariah.

Answer by ZoeyMariah. at 2:32 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Whining about what ....for example?? In what way I mean...
    Somehow they're relating the whining to you moms that's obvious....but what kind of whining?
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 2:08 PM on Jun. 15, 2011