How could Jesus have died for my sins if i never knew him?

rinamomof2

Asked by rinamomof2 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Religious Debate

• As of now, there's no evidence that he was even alive, I wouldn't worry about it.
    clarity333

Answer by clarity333 at 9:23 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• because he knows you hun....and loves you even if you don't love him (even if you hate him).
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• he knows you and all of God's children.
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 9:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• More than a century ago, men died to free the slaves. They died for our freedom, but never knew us or most the people who they freed. Jesus died for our salvation he freed us even though many will never know him and he never personally conversed with us a human on earth.

I have a headache this big and no Excedrin. I hope the above makes enough sense.

vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 9:23 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• The sacrifice for sin is not based on us. It is based on God's requirement for a sinless blood sacrifice for all sin. In Genesis right after Adam and Eve sinned God the Father and God the Son(Jesus), covenented or promised that Jesus would be the sacrifice for sin. God cannot lie so it is based on His charactor that we have redemption not our actions, or our knowledge of Him.
    quinnmommy

Answer by quinnmommy at 9:23 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Every scrap of "evidence" ever thought to be that of biblical jesus has been debunked. All of it.

Bring it on- ALL of it? Debunked by whom- ? You're the perfect example of cognitive bias, you hear something that agrees with your beliefs and your research stops there.

To answer your question- if you believe in Jesus- then He knows you- if you do not-then I can understand why you are confused, but you shouldn't worry about much about things you either don't believe in or don't effect you- just live your life and be happy-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 11:19 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• So once again Clarity can "Jesse Jackson" her way through a response but can not back it up- the " I am not the one that needs to prove anything because I do not believe" cop out is getting REALLY old-

You said its been debunked and then backed it up with something about people claiming to be Jesus today as proof - what a load of crap that is-

soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 11:57 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• It's your responsibility to bring the evidence

How is that? I am asking you to back up YOUR statement that ALL evidence of Jesus has been debunked and the proof is out there- how can the burden of proof not be on YOU to back up the crap you spew out-?
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 11:59 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• He knew you from the foundations of the earth.... He loves you so much He wants a personal relationship with you ! It says this in Psalms 139: 13-18
    13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
    and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
    14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
    Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
    15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
    as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
    16 You saw me before I was born.
    Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
    Every moment was laid out
    before a single day had passed.

17 How precious are your thoughts about me,[b] O God.
    They cannot be numbered!
    18 I can’t even count them;
    they outnumber the grains of sand!
    And when I wake up,
    you are still with me!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:34 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• @clarity there is evidence from many different sources (not just christian sources) that jesus existed. it's if he is the saviour or not that is up for debate.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2011