Has anyone been on a cruise?

I'm getting married next year and we have been thinking about a cruise but we dont know where to begin. Which sites or better and official about cruise plans?

mystery8307

Asked by mystery8307 at 9:12 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Travel

• Don't do Carnival! We did, and the food was awful, the service was bad, and it was one problem after another. Norweigian, Princess, Disney (yes, even for your honeymoon!), Holland America and others like Cunard have all gotten great reviews. I'd definitely recommend you do it! The port visits are so much fun, and the cruising is great. Cogratulations!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:15 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• We did a Holland America tour and it was fantastic!
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 9:20 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Never been on a cruise, one day maybe. I have always wanted to get a job on a cruise ship, I think it would be fun, something different at least.
    towell

Answer by towell at 9:27 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Went on Carnival..it stunk..

I really hated the cruise thing....if you are someone that get dizzy easy or has any type of Vertigo....don't do it..

I could not even go to dinner one night...I hated being on the ship....

It didn't seem like there was enough time on the islands either...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:31 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• No, but I'm dying to go.
    Cynthia525

Answer by Cynthia525 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Royal Caribbean! Go to their site. That's who we went with and it was awesome. My sister went Carnival and said it pretty much sucked. We're looking to go with RC again in a couple of years. We went without kids, my BIL and SIL took their kids, and it was awesome for both of us. I highly recommend them!
    Anonymous

• Disney is awesome and they have all kinds of adult only areas. Also the Disney cruise ships have some sort of stabilizing system so you dont get as much of the rocking and stuff that makes people dizzy. Their private island is gorgeous and has an adult only area too.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:01 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• no but I would love too
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 3:42 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• As far as Carnival goes, if you go on a NEW ship they are wonderful. We went on the brand new ship in December it is by far the nicest we've been on...we've cruised a lot. This was my 12th cruise, my IL's 50th or so, and Dh's 15th or something along those lines. We took our girls and they had a blast ( 5 and 2 at the time). We just booked the exact same cruise for Feb. 2012 and we got the same state room as well.
    I really like Royal and Celebrity as well. Some ships are better than others just as some staffs are better than others. It is really luck of the draw as the staff rolls over every 6-12 months on ships and they change ships.
    It will really depend on where you want to go and what you are interested in..
    I've been to: Puerto Rico ( cruise left from here), St. Thomas, Guadeloupe, Grenada, Venezuela, Aruba, Jamaica, Haiti, Grand Cayman, several ports in Mexico, Belize, and Honduras.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:34 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• We've snorkeled with rays and sharks, gone cave tubing, played with monkeys, sat on the beach and drank, gone to art auctions on board, seen some great shows- magic and dance, had some fabulous food and drinks, and just really been pampered all around.
    The Carnival Dream is by far the best cruise we've been on in years. The staff was amazing- our server at dinner was incredible. Our girls fell hard and fast for him and he fell for them as well. It was a super nice ship as well. My IL's actually have said the same thing and they've cruised on almost all of the lines out there. They really liked the Dream the most. I can't wait until Carnival's new ship is revealed this month. We are looking forward to booking that one as well, but it is mainly a Med. cruise so it may be a few years before we do it.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:38 AM on Jun. 14, 2011