Are any of you writers?

Do you have anything published? How long have you been writting? How long did it take you to become published if you are? Have you sold any books?

Just wondering.my MIL says I should do something in writting but I don't know how to start and if it is worth trying. I know it is really hard to get published and there are a lot of starving writers out there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I will be published in 2013 I think its worth it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:23 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• How did you go about being published? Why in 2013, is it a really long process? What do you write? Sorry for the 20 questions ,lol.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:25 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• haha, I have said I was a writer for years but have not gotten anything out of my journals or out of my head into the computer. I will be a real writer someday...I guess when I am through raising my 2 toddler boys and their newborn baby brother! Best of luck to you!
    theymakemyheart

Answer by theymakemyheart at 9:26 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Its anime and manga it takes a long time to publish and produce we are publishing and producing it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:29 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• What do you mean by producing it? Are you making a movie too?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:31 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• movie and animated tv show
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Sweet! I'm not really wanting to go down that road but I do want to maybe publish a book. Heck maybe if I'm lucky someone (Other than family of course) will buy it.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Try the writers guide its an awesome book and it will lay out everything you have to do to get published and where to send it>
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Thanks pinkdragon36! GL with your project!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• The Writer's guide can be found in your local library... and there is the option of self publishing, but most people think they are better than they really are and end up broke? Try various publishers for your type of writing... submitt, and if it is truly good... they will snag you in a heartbeat... each publisher has their own guidelines, such as double spacing or whatever, so pay attention (might be awesome but they weed through from those that can't follow simple instruction)
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 9:53 PM on Jun. 13, 2011