Are there any jobs out there to do from home without a startup cost?

I've looked online for some jobs that I could do at home so I can avoid paying for daycare, but it seems they all involve a start-up fee. I dont have that kind of cash. Does anyone know of some jobs? Or perhaps ideas for some extra cash without having to pay to get the job?

chris0615

Asked by chris0615 at 5:21 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Money & Work

• there are a couple of sites that post jobe - Cwahm.com, genuinejobs.com. If you want your own business, there is typically a start up cost. I distribute for Shaklee - I like it because we have consumable products everyone uses, and they are the highest quality available. You can become a distributor for $39.95, but there are always additional costs involved starting a business, and it takes time to build income.

Have you considered doing PT daycare in your home ?
    mnrock

Answer by mnrock at 5:25 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I have a site I use, it does not have any costs involved. It's ideas for businesses you can start up on your own. see www.squidoo.com/workathomesafely.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 5:27 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I list several on work4mom.com. Some require a background check, but many do not. None of them have any start up costs at all. And if you live in a populated city, check out those marked Extra Income. They are always looking for people to be Mock Jurors - earn $100.00 a pop. Everything listed is SCAM FREE! And Works4Mom.com was profiled on the nightly news, we are a trusted website.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 6:06 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• job? or business?

there is a big difference - you should clarify
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 8:22 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• A work from home 'job' should not have fees attached to it - if it does, run! A work from home 'business' is a little different story. There is a start up cost because you will need business materials and initial product. With any business, including a work from home business, you get out of it what you put into it - if you treat it like a BIG business, you'll earn big money.

I am an independent distributor with Mia Bella Gourmet Candles and you can get started with your own candle business for less than $50.00 - no monthly quota and no home party requirements (you can earn with home parties if you choose to, but it's not required). View my profile for more information - ask me any questions you might have.
    Have a great night!
    Christi
    ChristisCandles

Answer by ChristisCandles at 11:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I’m taking registrations for several companies looking for telecommuters and ‘home workers’. You can work p/t or f/t for all the places I have listed. I’m also registered with all of the companies and know they are legitimate. I’ve even added a Certified Ebay drop shipper; you don’t buy the product until you’ve been paid, great for Ebay addicts like me! Please look at the Top 5 free ways to earn at home at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:45 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• http://www.inboxdollars.com/?r=ref4564855

Check it out! It all adds up.....good luck!
    Anonymous

• You should check out my site. I have made $480 now in DEC so far. It didn't cost me a thing to get started! I could help you get started at no cost what so ever! And its completely legit! With all the scams going around I know it is hard to trust anyone. But, this is real and I believe in it! That's all I can say!

http://internetmarketingsales.bravehost.com/
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 4:06 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• My name is Fran, I work with a bed and bath company as a independent distributor. I host bed and bath parties. I only host parties on Saturday's and make great money. Working with The Bed and Bath Collection.com is an exciting and fun way to make a very good living. Your job as an independent distributor will be to host home parties and encourage your family, friends, and customers to host parties too. You will earn 10% commission on every item you sell, and 5% commission from every party that someone host for you. You don't have to stock any inventory, The company will drop ship orders directly to your customers. As an incentive this company gives away All-Inclusive Round Trip Packages to their independent distributor's. This is truly a great company to work with. For more info go to www.thebedandbathcollection.com and click on Become a Bed and Bath Ensembles Distributor and Earn Extra Money.
    Franniegirl

Answer by Franniegirl at 5:39 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Would you like to make $800 for January? Would you like to make your desire to work from home a reality? I did it and you can too. If you are serious about having a career that allows you to spend more time, whether it is, family, spiritual, recreation, traveling, etc... you can have it. I am home earning a living while raising my girls. You will love the support and training you receive and enjoy sharing this success with others. Visit my site and click on the "get more info" link at the bottom to Start LOVING what YOU do too! www.abetteru.2freedom.com

mrssfoster

Answer by mrssfoster at 11:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2009