Am I really headed towards miscarriage?

I just had my first ultrasound appointment and the tech that did it told me i look like im only 3 weeks along i knew from the jump it was wrong i should be 9 weeks according to the dates of my last period which sounds right to me i know i concieved the baby in between april 20th and 28th after my ultrasound was done i was taken into the room to speak with the doctor she told me im measuring 6-7 weeks along which is also a possibilty that puts my conception date as april 26th she explained that it can either be 2 things the babys not developing as it should and ill eventually miscarry or be scheduled for a d&c or they were wrong about how far along i am ive been havin crampin and alot of back pain but no bleeding the pain eventually stops its not always there but when it is i lay down for about a half hour and it goes away if anybody has been in this situation before outcome good or bad can u please tell me what to expect and if im more likely to miscarry or continue on with my pregnancy

Antwineswifey21

Asked by Antwineswifey21 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I dont know anything about your situation i new to the pregnancy thing, but i would like to say i hope it does work out for the best for you.. Good luck
    AmberDanielle02

Answer by AmberDanielle02 at 9:29 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I would wait it out. Could you of got pregnant later?
    CaityMarie

Answer by CaityMarie at 9:32 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• There is really no telling, it could honestly go in either direction. All you can do it wait and hope for the best.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:35 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• the same thing happened to me with my oldest. they told me to schedule a d&c but i was only 18 and scared so i just waited it out and i now have a perfectly healthy 10 yr. old. drs don't know everything just hang in there! =)
    lumina92

Answer by lumina92 at 9:35 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• thank you so do i and no my fiances in the military hes the only one ive slept with and he was only home from the 20th to the 28th but if im only 6-7 weeks my date of conception would be the 26th it makes sense but im jus scared ive had 2 healthy pregnancys before this one im jus in shock i dont wanna lose this baby we been trying everytime hes come home and its finally happened
    Antwineswifey21

Comment by Antwineswifey21 (original poster) at 9:38 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• *hugs* I don't know, it doesn't sound good. I'm sure you're scared and feeling very alone, I wish I could tell you it will be okay, but sometimes pregnancies don't work out. It's devastating to lose one, I know, I've been there. The only thing that helped me get over a miscarriage was eventually having another baby. Maybe this is just a scare and it will all work out okay - I really hope so - but if it's not to be, there's nothing you can do, but look to your friends and family for support. *lots of hugs to you*
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:46 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• thank you all for your support and answers its def helpin wit my anxiety and stress about all of this
    Antwineswifey21

Comment by Antwineswifey21 (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I would say to rest. If you don't bleed then you aren't miscarrying. I had a miscarriage @ 8 weeks but I was cramping so bad that I couldn't even stand. I also bleed and went to the hospital where they confirmed I lost the baby on my own and no d&c was required.

A year later after that I conceived again. My entire pregnancy they told me that my little boy was not growing correctly. I was doing everything right. I had to have multiple sonograms throughout the pregnancy and stress testing towards the end...I delivered my baby boy 3 weeks early and at 6lbs! A year later and you would never know I had issues with him. He is 15 months @ 22lbs!

I am not trying to scare you but I would wait things out. What does your ob think? I would just rest but if you feel the cramps are unbearable then call your ob!
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 10:10 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• wow thats amazing truly a blessing congrats to you and my ob sent me for bloodwork today to check my hormone levels and i gotta go again wed to give more blood to check to see if my levels are rising or falling n then we'll go from there im really hoping im jus not as far along as they thought an this is all jus a big scare but her demeanor kinda worried and scared me she couldnt really tel me if it looked like more of a good or bad outcome what do yall think i should do if my levels dropped? should i wait a few more weeks n jus let nature take its course?
    Antwineswifey21

Comment by Antwineswifey21 (original poster) at 10:38 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Have they been looking at the beta HCG levels in your blood? When they drop, it's a sure sign that a loss is going to happen. I've had 4 early losses. All were very different. Generally, they see a heartbeat at 6 or 7 weeks. If you are 9 weeks, there should be one on ultrasound.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2011