Hey can i get some peoples advice on how to post a business?

I want to know on the ones that do have a business were do you post to spreed the word you have a business on the internet and is it free? Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• hi to you too do you have any ideas where else i could post my business
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Here are some cheap and free advertising places from a post on the Mommy Movers and Shakers group-

BuySell.com, Craigslist, My Town Ads, Penny Saver USA, The Recycler, Thrifty Nickel
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:53 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• thank you for those
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Not to be mean, but you need to work on your spelling and grammar because if someone sees you're spelling things incorrectly they're going to be turned off by your business. Just my opinion.
    Anonymous

• Contact the Chamber of Commerce or Small Business Administration they offer free seminars about this topic in question.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• be careful with craigslist...google advertising, local newspapers, free papers good luck!! Linked In
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 10:15 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• All I know is Craig's list but of course use common sense... I do flyers, local papers, advertise in places where people are going to look like the laundry mat and the grocery store. also get business cards made up and toss them around to people...for instance my dh was in line at a store and the guy behind him said he had quite a tan for this area and my husband said he just finished a roof and that opened the doors to this guy needing a roof done and his neighbor does too. my exbf is also a contractor and he goes into business's and hands out his cards to cashiers and store owners just on a whim. you have to have that charm and ability to be around people, have people skills. also word of mouth and building reputation
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:23 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Well you ask where you can spread the word ONLINE that's free. Do you have a facebook account? Personal and for the business? Do both if you haven't and then friend everyone you can think of. Same with twitter. On Twitter you get a decent amount of people who will return a "follow"! Everyday I follow 50-75 more people and roughly 30-50 follow back!

You can also start a blog and then join sites for sharing and voting for blogs to help get followers. You can also "brand yourself" and create a youtube channel and create videos talking about the products, give reviews, testimonials, talk about how to grow your business with the company, etc. etc
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:20 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Thank you great ideas to all of you
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:22 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I have an online business check out my site, there you will find lots of links to the sites I use. All free!!
    Good luck with your business. https://profiles.google.com/Tiredoftradingdollarsforhours/about?hl=en
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 3:45 PM on Jun. 14, 2011