Is light bleeding normal?

I'm about 6 wks along and for the last two days I've had light bleeding that is brownish. I'm wondering if I should call or see my doctor. I've read the baby books and it says if your having a miscarriage there should be abdominal and back pain. At this point, I just have the bleeding. Please advise.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• the book is lying. ive had a miscarriage at 15weeks and didnt feel ANYTHING at all.. i didnt even had any discharge or bleeding.

BUT you still need to call your doctor. bleeding when pregnant is never normal. there is always a reason for it. its not always dangerous, but its def. not normal.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:25 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i would call my doctor because you shouldnt be bleeding.... not until you are ready to give birth when your cervix start to open there sometimes can be a little blood....other than that there shouldnt be anything, just discharge
    angel_lips

Answer by angel_lips at 5:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i had the same thing they said its normal its called implantation, as long as its brown your fine, if you get bright red like your period and its heavy enough to soak a maxi pad then u have to worry, if you look up implantation it will give you more detail as to what it is, i had it for about 3 weeks then it went away
    seansgurl

Answer by seansgurl at 5:46 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• call a dr
    angelbabies14

Answer by angelbabies14 at 8:55 PM on Dec. 11, 2008