OK if the ecomony sucks, how can people afford to....

start using up all their stupid fireworks ALREADY?! My poor dog - the idiots are starting already- & we have weeks to go. This is the crap that makes me hate the 4th! (I live in a residential, city area, not a safe place for setting off fire works!) Leave it to the pros people! (vent) What about you- has it started in your area yet- & do you feel safe? What do your dogs do when they hear it?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 9:42 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Pets

• Sounds like you live around where I do! My dog is so afraid of fireworks that I HATE the fourth of July and I dread it every year.
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 11:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• nobody has started fire crackers here yet. i'm not sure how the prices are where you live, but fireworks are dirt cheap here lol. and before july they're usually buy one get one free too
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I hate them too bc they wake up the kids! Luckily it didnt start around here yet. It is illegal here though so we can just call the cops to put a stop to it!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:01 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Yeah it started last week here! idiots!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• IDK how our dog will do.. he turns 1 a few weeks after the 4th.
    Fireworks dont bother me... i remember playing with them in the streets as a kid. lots of memories when i hear them out my window.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:02 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Fireworks make all of my dogs morph into pitiful frightened lap puppies (and my smallest one weighs 70 pounds). I don't have that much lap :-(

Around here, fireworks are sold year round, and no one really needs a holiday as an excuse to set some off. I hate it.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 12:52 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Going through the same thing I hate fireworks in the neighbourhood I think u should only be able to let them off on the 4 only
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 8:33 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• We live down the street from a fireworks stand. They start "testing" their product as soon as they get them--around the first of May. I truly don't know how they have any left to sell by July 1st.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:37 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• we live out in the country right at the moment..my dogs just howl at the noise..nothin to much to worry about
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 8:53 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I love the fireworks and I think that it is all in good fun. I think you can safely do them at home. The only time I get frustrated is if it goes into the wee hours of the night. I feel safe and we have some bottle rockets that we will probably pull out soon. And my dog doesn't mind them in the least.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:44 PM on Jun. 13, 2011