Do u think a 3 year old would lie? adult content

Do you think a 3 year old would lie about someone older than him (in the teens) trying to touch his private parts?

mommy2kids10

Asked by mommy2kids10 at 9:47 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• No
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:49 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Not intentionally the way an older child who knows right from wrong would.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 9:49 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• No. Not ever. Take care of this before your kid is abused by this creep!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:50 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Personally I dont think most would lie however, I would believe that once in a while you'd come across a small chlid such as that who would lie.

Have you thought that maybe this 3yo heard someone else talking about such a thing & is repeating it? Like this didnt happen to him but he just heard it from somewhere? It depends on the situation who he is accussing, relationship, other childs behavior, 3yo behavior (in general), setting in which child is living in, etc for me to give a really good answer to this.

I hope all is alright though.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• ty thats the same i said exspecially being able to repeat it to different adults on way different days but he says he didnt let the big boy touch him because he knows its naughty and boys like girls not boys but the person this is going on with is scared if she reports it even though nothing has happened that the state would try and take there kids away!!
    mommy2kids10

Comment by mommy2kids10 (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Sorry, I didn't read the whole question. Definitely NOT! A 3-year old child or any child for that matter who claims to have been touched inappropriately should be believed by parents and adults. Why would the 3-year old lie about something like that?
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 9:54 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• and yes he did over here the parents over talking about it happening to someone else and then said the older cousin (teen) tried to touch him so theres so many outlets and with it being family it puts you in a hrad spot!!!!
    mommy2kids10

Comment by mommy2kids10 (original poster) at 9:56 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Is the "big boy" not apart of the same family as the 3yo? I'd say report it, rather have it looked into & make sure then to ignore it & hope it was nothing ya know? I stick by my answer that a 3yo wouldnt lie on purpose but my having a 3 1/2yo right now I know she repeats EVERYTHING she hears period. Its also sometimes hard to figure out exactly what she is talking about. So its very well that this child overheard something however, if the kid is saying it over & over again day after day I would question what really happened & assume that something did happen. I say report it. Hope all of this gets resolved.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I don't think a child would lie about something like that...I know kids can copy cat others and repeat certain things but this is serious! Regardless if he may be lying or not an investigation needs to be made ASAP!
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 9:59 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Could the older chlid possibly been doing something like changing the 3yo clothing or playing & had their hand(s) by this 3yo private & the kid is misreading it? I say this only bc you say the 3yo overheard the parents talking about such things right before saying he was touched. Has anyone asked the older child what happened? You can tell/figure out a lot just by how the older child reacts to the question.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:59 PM on Jun. 13, 2011