Evening Primrose Oil

39 weeks 1 day pregnant, 3 cm dilated, and 85% effaced, thinking of trying this to help things. What are other peoples storys of trying evening primrose oil??

Micki-Cook

Asked by Micki-Cook at 10:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My doctor told me it was okay to use to help ripen my cervix. I was told to put 5 capsules on my cervix right before bed and then to get up in the morning and go for a long walk.

I did as I was told and the next day my cervix had gone from a 1 to a 3, and from 25% effaced to 75%. My doctor had me to again the next night and I was in labor soon after. It is a strong progestoglanden and the reason my doctor thought it was a good idea for me to try was because I was trying to avoid an induction which I was needing because of medical reasons.

Anonymous