Trying nutramigen

my baby has been very fussy for the past month now and the doc says its a so called viral infection but my motherly instict tells me otherwise. for the past month he has been spitting up more ,gassy,fussy,his body movements look like hes trying to climb up my chest with his legs and its either gas or constipation or abdominal cramping idk but his symptoms sound a lot like secondary lactose intolerance a milk intolerance without the rashes and hive. so im trying nutramigen hopefully this works. does anyone have any experiences with this? how long does it take to work or relieve symptoms a little? Also he just started having diareah for about 2 weeks now but its gotton alot worse within the past few days. his pediatrician said to give him soy for a couple days to firm up his bowel movements ha i did that and now the poor things constipated and awake half the night.oh i failed to mention hes two months old. i had breastfeeding problems....also why cant i heat this formula i know bc of the lgg or something but what is this and why is it important? if those arnt there anymore if i do heat it will it make nutrients less affected and hurt him and does he need this if he is lactose inrolerant or has a milk allergy? what if i use a bottle warmer?

renah164

Asked by renah164 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter was put on this formula when she was 2 months old. She had awful acid reflux and my pedi thought she was lactose intolerant. I warmed the bottles right on the stove. I wasn't told I couldn't and nothing on the container said anything otherwise. I never really saw a difference with her so, I used my instincts and switched her to a different formula at about 5 months. Totally different child from then on out. If you do not see results within a month I would reconsider the formula, but it may work well for you. Good luck!!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• They gave my daughter Nutrimigen from the hospital. She wasn't tolerating the others and i think she was lactose intolerant...its been six yrs lol
    as far as warming the milk...i never heard you wasn't suppose too..i use to warm hers up all the time
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 10:33 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

kyheavensmom

• I never warmed formula beyond what was "lukewarm" from the tap. Just didn't feel comfortable doing so.
    Anonymous

• its the new kind that u cant warm its called nutramigen lipil and it has enflora in it thats y u cant heat it up. the old kind u could heat but the new kind u can. i hope this works
    renah164

Comment by renah164 (original poster) at 10:44 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Oh ok...Good luck I hope it wrks. I hate seeing babies uncomfortable
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 10:46 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Good luck. We never warmed our baby's bottles. She never got used to warm formula (or Initially the breast milk from the fridge). W used room temp filtered water.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:15 AM on Jun. 14, 2011