Is this a reasonable visitation schedule for in laws to demand?

My MIL is threatening to take us to court for custody if we don't abide by her demands
#1 when they visit i am to leave the house and leave the keys to my car because they may have to go somewhere (so i am supposed to walk around the big city at 5 months pregnant for hours because they want nothing to do with me)
#2 when they tell DH to visit he is to drop everything and take DD and i am not to show my face (again leaving me without a car in a borderline high risk pregnancy her answer to that "if anything happens to her it wasn't meant to be"
#3When new baby is born they are taking my DD to there home (nearly 3 hours away) and they will bring her back when they are certain we can handle two children

so am i nuts for telling them to go to hell or are there demands ok (i've had people say thats just how life is)

krissii

Asked by krissii at 10:19 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• you would have to be a really horrible mother for the court to take away custody and give it to your mil. i would tell her that she can take it to court and waste her time and money. she is the grandmother. she should spend time with the kids, but to demand anything is ridiculous.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• You are so right! Sorry they are being so horrible to you. Good luck!
    AshleyLynnW

Answer by AshleyLynnW at 10:22 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• They need to GO TO HELL!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:22 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Tell her to go to hell. You aren't nuts, she is. She cannot make these demands with out proof of unfit parenting.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:22 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• it sounds to me like your dh needs to buck up and be a man and put his parents in their place especially since you are preggo again..I would be raising hell...my inlaws would not demand crap from me..they cant make you let them see your daughter..put your foot down girl..call the authorities and contact someone that can further help you out with this!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 10:23 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Your DH needs to stand up to his "Mommy". Unless he's too whipped by her to do so, in which case, you do so and tell her to go ahead and take you guys to court, no court in the US would allow this crap to proceed.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:25 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• DH flat out told her we are a family all three of us (four in october) you see all of us or none of us she proceeded to tell him she was taking me to court to get visitation if not custody.......his response "Real nice mom thats exactly how to get us to agree to things and for your information in this state you have to take both parents into court and prove they are unfit so thanks you think i'm a bad dad and as for custody to bad the most a court would do was set up a schedule and no court is going to make my wife leave or me bring our kids without her" and promptly hung up on her
    krissii

Comment by krissii (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• He's going to have to keep that up!
    Be prepared for a visitation from CPS and having to answer questions as they cannot ignore any allegations.
    Your MIL is definitely showing her ass, just be prepared to hand it back to her.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:38 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• do you have any family? near by or someone that can come visit you and take care of your daughter while your in the hospital? your mom sister aunt anyone a good friend? because I'd rather have my friends watch my kids !!! don't allow them to take your daughter period and further more they wouldn't be allowed to see the new born either!!!! I may be mean by saying that but they are crazy and I wouldn't trust them they could lie and say you abandoned your daughter... don't you dare trust them.

traren

Answer by traren at 10:40 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• if i were you id cut all communication with them and say good luck cause them being the grandparents won't get a visitation schedule or even custody if you two aren't found to be unfit parents. tell her to fuck herself and your dh if he he loves you and his family so much he'd have no further contact with them
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 10:42 PM on Jun. 13, 2011