If your haveing a C-section anyway, Can the Dr. give a hysterectomy if I ask for one?

I want to have a hysterectomy because I don't want to have to worry about the side effects to diff. birth controls. Or the side effects to a tubal. Can u actualy ask for one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Health

• yes, you can ask, But WILL the Dr. agree and will the insurance pay for it? It also depends on how many kids you already have. Never hurts to ask!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:01 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Thanks!!! thats a good point. the number of kids is (5)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Why would you want to go through something so drastic? You're going to have more side effects with a hysterectomy than tubal ligation. You'd be looking at a recovery time of up to eight weeks. How will you care for your new baby?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• you can ask but unless htere is an actual medical reason that necessitates the surgery, he won't do it. the insurance wouldn't pay for it. it would cost you around 64,000 to pay for it yourself.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 2:55 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• no.
    MamaDebbie209

Answer by MamaDebbie209 at 4:33 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• My mother had a complete hysterectomy bout 15 yrs ago and she is still suffering from the side effects of having one. If you have one I would consider not having them remove all your parts just some. She suffers from hormonal imbalance, acne, hot flashes, nightsweats and this has been going on for 15 yrs now. Dr has tried every ind of med known to man to try to help her and nothing helps. After seeing what she has went through I would never have a hysterectomy unless it was a necessity. Hope this info helps some. Good luck!!
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 9:33 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• if you are worried about side effects go with the tubal. removing the uterus has a lot more side effects then snipping the tubes
    3rdtymsthecharm

Answer by 3rdtymsthecharm at 10:41 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I had my tubes tied when I had my c-section. I didn't have any side effects. I could not tell a difference between my first and second c-sections.
    minivanmommy

Answer by minivanmommy at 12:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• A hysterectomy has side effects worse than a tubal ligation. You have all the side effects of a surgery. I'd suggest getting a tubal.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 18, 2008