Why do people think just because...

I have to have a c-sec that when I am having contractions and pain that it means nothing and not to worry bou going to the dr?

I have had 2 kids I know what this feels like. But with the other 2 I didnt dilate past 3cm. So the have scheduled a c-sec for the 2nd weeks of jan. Anyway. Does that mean that because with the other 2 I didnt get far that I wont with this one and I should just deal with the pain? That is what everyone is making it seem like. Like my sisters and my friend. And even the dr. They dont seem to care that I am I am in pain.I have been to the hospital and they do nothing. It is really annoying.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you already have kids so you know labor...but as far as i know, as long as the baby is head down you can have it without a c-section...unless there is a problem with u or the baby...other than that, i understand because this is my 3rd and i will be 39wks on the 15th. my pain is unbearable but my midwife dont want to give me a boost...i know its labor but mostly in my back. all she would have to do is take the time to break my water....everything else has already started but they act like they know our body better than we do
    Anonymous

• Braxton Hicks contractions are normal and they can be painful at times but they won't cause your cervix to dilate. People tend to minimize the discomfort of contractions when they aren't the classic longer stronger closer together kind that is indicates true labor since those are a lot more painful then the other contractions. I don't think anyone is minimizing your pain intentionally they just know that the contractions could be a lot stronger and would be if it meant that anything was happening.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 5:56 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i am dilating though last appt i was at least. And they are REAL contractions they last for a bout 3-4 hours at a time and are about 10min or less sometimes apart and last for at least 30 seconds and they are PAINFUL you are doing the same thing they are. they arent BH....
    Anonymous

• I had BH contractions 2 minutes apart for six hrs straight. I know they were BH because they didn't cause any change in my cervix and they didn't get longer stronger or closer together. I'm not saying that you aren't in pain but that doesn't necessarily mean that the contractions are dilating or effacing your cervix. When labor contractions start the general rule is longer stronger and closer together and they don't stop after 3-4 hrs.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 6:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• stop replying. k I went to the hospital friday night because i had had them for 5 hours and they went from 10min to 5min they stopped 1hour after i got to the hospital. and like i said i am dilating or at least i was went i went friday. so sorry if i need to be assured that im not anymore.
    Anonymous