How should we confront them about this !!!!

my Mil and Fil think it's funny and have my niece flip people off, hit them, punch them in the privates, and say F you it's very disrespectful they think it's funny she even does this to her mom I told her she is not to talk like that around me or do those things they are not nice just so ya'll know she's 4 and well my SD is 5 and my DH has told them she is not to do those things period ... he got his point across so they don't try to get her to do them anymore. but when we are around they still get my niece to act that way.... and tell her mom no and just plan act bad so then my SD starts acting up and we have to get on to her for acting that way but right in front of her they are encouraging her cousin to do the same thing she's getting in trouble for we've tried to explain that they are sending mixed signals and shouldn't encourage bad behavior but they refuse to stop it's getting to the point that I don't even want to be around my niece. when my Mil and Fil are around. when she's at my home she doesn't act that way just around them they make it a game and laugh

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Ok, I've read the first 3 lines of your post and I don't need to read any further. NO WAAAAY!! That's not even FUNNY. WTHeck is with your IL's ? Are you kidding me? Punching people in the privates? Saying the "F" word.....omg. Are they mentally unstable or what?
    Uh Uh...I wouldn't put up with that not even once. My kid, MY RULES....end of story! Good for you for putting your foot down (and your DH). .If you've talked to them about your dd and they're respecting that so far. That's good. Now, your SIL on the other hand is doing nothing about this with her daughter then??? All you can do really is talk to her about it and explain that when your dd is around her cousin and GP's...this is , like you said.. sending mixed signals. If they don't change....I would stop taking my dd around them. Too bad. If they want to see her they will act like better Grandparents. Geez....the people we have to deal with sometimes.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 1:58 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Wow sounds like stella Grandparents! Of course your SD is going to start acting out and its not her fault either, if they are condoning and encouraging her cousin she can not understand whats wrong with it. If your serious about taking a stand do not take your children around your inlaws, maybe then they will take you seriously, see your niece separately without them around seeing she doesnt do this when they are not around, its the only choice I can see for you right now......its just going to keep confusion and if they cant be respectful of your family then thats their choice not to see their Grand children. I would have to put my foot down, your husbands family or not, Good Luck with this and sorry you even have to deal with such mess.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 10:38 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• that is not cool!! maybe not have her around them as much if they are going to continue to allow/encourage that behavior.
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 10:35 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• My parents didn't like the fact that my grandparents smoked, drank, and swore. For years, my sisters and I only got to see my grandparents twice a year. We knew that my grandparents love us and we loved them. You & DH will have to decide whether you want to see his parent too often.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 10:59 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Sounds WORSE than Stella, LOL,...I had forgotten about that movie. Yeah, that's a good example alright!!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 2:03 PM on Jun. 15, 2011