How much would you pay for a birthday card

I found this cute birthday card at Target and you open it up and there's this cupcake with candles and they are lit....
there's a spot to "blow" out the candles and then the lighted candles go out and the card sings "happy birthday"

my daughters bday is in a few days and she is at work as a camp counselor and I can't be there so I thought this card was perfect....even if it was $8

my husband is freaking out because he knows this card will end up lost and it was $8.....is $8 to much for a card like this?

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 10:39 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Shopping

• because your daughter is away and cant be with you on her bday i say get the card so she nows your thinking of her and wanting to make her day specail......now with that said i usualy am very cheap and only get the 2/1$ cards at dollar tree......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:36 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Naaa i would pay that for a cool card like that !!! And what would your husband send?? Bet he couldnt of done better lol
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 10:40 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• tell him to think of it as an interactive art piece instead of a card. then he will feel better about it lol. i don't think that was extrodinary....alot of the boring 'regular' cards are 5 bucks now!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:42 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Normally, I would pay about $3.00, But, if it is a card that I really like, I will spend up to $6.00. I recall purchasing a birthday card for my mom years ago. It had all types a recipes. My mom has passed on. I currently have my Mom's Birthday Card. The Name of the Card is Betty Crocker Recipes. This card is priceless.
    Patricia587

Answer by Patricia587 at 12:46 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I don't go past $3. I have found some really great cards that are only $1.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 10:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I would only buy a cool card if I was putting a bit of money in it and that was the gift! Otherwise I would get a gift and a cheap card $3 or LESS lol
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 10:42 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• he would rather buy a dollar card from the dollar store and send $5
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I don't pay more then .99. any more then that, and I'll make my own. Its ridiculous what cards cost these days.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:45 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• i'm too cheap for that. i wont spend more than three dollars on a card. but i also buy the big boxes of homemade-looking cards from costco that come out to about fifty cents per card and people (kids especially) seem to love them. i like to make my own cards too, when i have the time.
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 10:47 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• In my book...a card is worth whatever it costs if it conveys the right message.
    Guys just aren't very big on cards anyway, or atleast I don't think so.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 10:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2011