What can cause lactation years after giving birth? adult content

My sister just came to me with some concerns she is having about her breasts. She said she noticed a lump between her breast and her arm pit. She has an auto-immune disorder so her blood counts are weird. She has a history of cervical cancer and recently had blood work done that didn't show any reason for concern. Anyway, she has noticed some lactation coming from the breast since the lump has appeared. She has also had some cysts in that breast in the past and has had a sinus infection for a few months. I'm wondering if a cyst near the breast could cause the lactation or should she be concerned about something more serious. I'm rather puzzled on this and would like to know if anybody has an opinion on what could be happening to my sister. Thanks in advance for your help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Health

• From what I was told by drs.- it could be due to recently having anesthesia or due to certain medications; however, because of your sister's history, I would definitely have her check with her doctor to make sure it is nothing serious. Good luck to her. I will pray for her..
    cindyfitz

Answer by cindyfitz at 11:54 PM on Jun. 13, 2011