Should I respond to "Friend Request" on FB?

Good evening everyone. My dh has a 20 year old son from a previous marriage. I've just gotten a friend-request from my dh's son and I don't know if I should accept it or just ignore it or say something, I don't know.
I've never met my dh's son and since he lives abroad there haven't been opportunities to get to know him. But I was wondering if the BM would approved of this. Am I thinking too much about this?
DH has his own FB account. I asked him about this and he said it is my decision. DH won't comment on this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• Just my opinion but i think you are over thinking it.. I would accept the request. As you already stated you havent had much of a chance to get to know eachother, well here is your chance. And remember if it doesnt work out or becomes a problem you can always unfriend or even block him...and you said he is an adult right?? So he is capable of making his own decisions and obviously want to get to know you!!! I say go for it!!
    Mamaof7

Answer by Mamaof7 at 10:49 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I would say be thankful he it trying to be your friend. Just because you have never met him it does not mean you two can not learn about one another. Perhaps you post more than your DH and he'd like to know what is going on in dad's life via you.
    wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 10:49 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Maybe he's trying to take the first step in getting to know you....I would accept his friend request =)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I think he's being nice.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:46 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• If you wanted to get to know him, sure
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:46 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Why Not.. If things start to go bad u can always respectfully unfriend him!
    Madilous08

Answer by Madilous08 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• if you want to get to know him, then sure why not?
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I do think you should accept. I think it was brave of him to reach out to you and unless you have concerns for his motives, it would be nice to accept
    SandalsKitty

Answer by SandalsKitty at 10:49 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I think if his intentions are good and his hearts in the right place than...sure why not.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 10:58 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Accept - he probably is just curious and wants to have more contact with his extended family
    Tess929

Answer by Tess929 at 11:00 PM on Jun. 13, 2011