I hate where i live!?

Not a question, But I hate where I live, its a very bad neighborhood where just 2 weeks ago we had a drive my shooting at noon..scares me.. fights everynight and cops roll thru here like every hour.. We wanna move to a different place but scared once we move we wont make it.. are rent is 30 a month due to public housing!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Home & Garden

• yeah it is hard to leave when the rent is that cheap.....but wouldn't it be better to move to a safer place and pay more and have the kids grow up with a chance in life or is it better to get buy cheaply and have the kids future ruined from bad people.
    I raised my 3 girls on my own out of low income housing because I knew the shady people that lurked around there so i always paid well over half my income to rent just to make sure they were safe. you can do it if you set your mind to it and it also helps to give up alot of things you don't actually need.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:07 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Start shopping around for other public housing. I know of some in my area that are very nice and safe that take section 8. Call your local DHS office and use your resources to better your situation. Good Luck!
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 11:07 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Yes, I have a fixed income i recieve SSI and my BF is and has been searching for work.. we have apartments were gonna look at that are based on income.. were just scared we might never be able to make it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:12 PM on Jun. 13, 2011