Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having a hard time handling the first time my infant son is away from home w/out me because of the wicked fiance!...

He's staying the night with his father and his fiance and 5 other kids ages 2 months-8 yrs old, they all stay in a two bedroom apartment so i'm worried. I'm very uneasy him being around his fiance, especially because before he was born she sent a text to me saying she wished my son and I had died in the car accident I was in. She has always said other mean things to me and is a horrible parent, her 4 yr old is a wild child that hits other kids, doesnt listen, and swears, she doesnt believe in discipline. Shes so bad that one of my son's fathers kids ran away from home to his moms house, never wanting to come back because shes so mean to them. I'm very concerned to have my son around her but the father doesn't care about my concerns and disregards them and just tells me that shes his fiance now and I need to stop saying excuses for why he can't see his son. He won't agree to sit down with me and write out a parenting plan to make me feel more comfortable. He says the only way he'll sit down with me is if his fiance is there too, he doesn't want to leave her side so he says. Honestly its cause she doesn't trust him and won't let him work things out with me for our sons sake. Am I in the right to feel this way and have concerns?

Answer Question

Asked by Emilye93 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 9 (279 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • Ummmm.... If I was son would not be there...

    And I am a FAthers Rights Advicate...

    But I follow my GuT.....

     If I was you a would get a custody hearing in the make...

    Keep her not erase them.... I also would see if there is any dirt on her.....

    She has no reason to be with you while the two of you are talking about your child...

    Who said you had to bring the baby there in the first place.....How many kids in a 2 bedroom room...

    some states would not allow that.....

    Do your for answers on the internet...

    Find out what your rights are....

    I am not telling you to not let the baby see his father.....Just find out how it is suppose to be properly done...good luck


    Answer by Dannee at 11:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

  • You need to get to court asap! If he isn't willing to be an adult and make a parenting plan, then a judge will MAKE him! You need to feel comfortable with who your child is around, regardless of who she is. The father has a right to see his child, but the fiance does not, so a judge can even order for her to not be around him. If you can prove her unfit or if you still have a copy of the texts or any other spiteful thing she has said about the child, then that will rule even more in your favor. You need to look out for your child and yourself first! GL

    Answer by hill_star03 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

  • I would suggest getting the court involved. Unfortunately a lot of laws state that nothing can be done until something bad has happened. Keep detailed record of everything you can about the situation.

    Answer by bugfin at 11:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

  • how old is your son?
    and in your state do you have to let him have him over night? if not i'd just say no
    !!!! and my reason would be because he just doesn't have enough room for my child to stay over there with 5 other kids in a 2 bedroom find out the laws on that and say no!!!

    Answer by traren at 11:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

  • Yes ,u r right to feel that way!! I would not have let a little baby stay there! It is overcrowded!!! His woman sounds like a real bitch!!!! Can u go and pick up your baby?

    Answer by dancer at 11:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

  • Unless you were married, he has to go to court to get visitation rights. He has NO rights to that child unless the court says so. I'd say FUCK YOU and tell him if he wants to spend time with his child, to get a lawyer and set up custody and visitation rights.

    Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 11:24 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

  • lawyer up and talk to your lawyer about all your concerns and tell him your son will not go over there till something changes, in my friends case who took her ex to court she requested that the cjild can not stay the night with the father till the baby was 4

    Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 12:04 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • It's not because of the "wicked fiance", it's because of the poor character of the man you chose to father your child.

    Answer by missanc at 9:20 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Babies (0-12 months)
Trying nutramigen

Next question overall (Relationships)