Middle child

Is there really a middle child syndrome?  I hoped my 2nd child would be my only DD, however life is not always planned by us.  So I have DS, DD1 and DD2, my DD1 is my only c-section child.  I don't feel as connected to her as I do my DS and DD2.  Until DD2 was here I was okay with her being daddy's girl.  It's it okay for me to now have DD2 as mommies girl?

wmbeener

Asked by wmbeener at 11:13 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• YES!!!!! I have my dd 5yr my ds1 2yr and my ds2 8months old and my middle son is totally middle child, he has begun to feel left out but we try our hardest, with my dd in school and the baby sometimes I get so wrapped up but daddy will take him to the store just the two of them or when the baby is napping I will have my dd go do her reading then him and I will play a game or watch tv together and cuddle. But I also have noticed my dd getting jelouse of the boys also cuz daddy talks about them playing sports and such and she is always asking what about me?, so it is hard
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 12:14 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I don't know. My oldest sister was my mom's favorite, middle sister was my dadMs favorite and I was nobody's favorite. I would just make sure nobody feels left out.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:19 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Wow thank you for that point. I can't say I have a favorite. I just don't feel the connection with my girly pink daddy's girl, that which I was not. I just know I need something to say about her other than, "you'll always be pretty".
    wmbeener

Comment by wmbeener (original poster) at 11:24 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• my middle daughter and my sister ...who is a middle child herself.....get along amazingly well and they both have the same ideas/thoughts/opinions/high expectations ....
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:33 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I have 3 middle children. The one that is dead center (with older brother & sister and younger brother & sister) is the sweetest most agreeable of my kids.
    My oldest (a girl) is the one I'm least attached to. We just never bonded. She is and always has been a daddy's girl. She's always gone to him first when she needed something or was hurt. I've always been fine with that. Especially now with 5 kids. The other 4 want me for everything so it's nice to get a break with at least one, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:59 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Lol haven't u ever watched the Brady bunch? Marsha Marsha Marsha
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 7:14 AM on Jun. 14, 2011