At what point did you start to really LOVE the baby in your belly?

When did you feel that strong motherly connection? Was it before or after birth?

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 11:16 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• for me it was when i could feel them move and saw them on the ultrasounds ..wat made it real for me is when it came time to push..how old are you? i was 17 when i gave birth to my first and i knew i loved her and wanted to keep her safe..i always knew id b a good mom when i had kids bc i have that strong motherly instinct...not everyone has that when thier preggers and sometime it happens at the last min..talk to your doc that was the mistake i made after my dd was born i did have post partum but nvr admitted to anyone bc i thought that would mean i was a bad mom and didnt really love my dd..thats not true at all..i am a good mom and do love my baby..jst talk to ur doc and good luck and congrats
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 12:05 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• When the test turned positive. For me the bond was immediate for both my kids.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:28 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• As soon as I peed on that stick and it came back positive.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 11:45 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• the 2nd and 4th babies ... I melted the moment I found out I was finally pregnant but the 1st and 3rd babies were less planned and it took time like around months along when they became active
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:25 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• with my daughter, right away. but she was planned. This one is accidental....and while I'm not unhappy...I'm not nearly as excited and don't FEEL as much toward this baby yet. I'm 18w.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 11:19 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• when i started feeling them move
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:21 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I am 35 weeks, this is my first child. totally unplanned. I am happy and excited...but I am not feeling much of a connection towards her. I know I care about her, but I feel like there should be more of an emotional/loving connection here. I feel terrible, and am really worried there is something wrong with me!!
    Tarrar

Comment by Tarrar (original poster) at 11:22 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• From the momemt I found out with each of my children. I always feel that very strong bond and love for them instantly as well as a motherly instinct to protect them.
    Anonymous

• before birth.... for me it was from the first movement that I felt ... If your feeling this way now I'd talk to my Dr about it maybe they can get you on something before the baby's born just be careful postpartum depression can start early...I'd at least want to rule it out anyway... TC

traren

Answer by traren at 11:33 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• It just didn't set in until I started feeling them move, then seeing the ultrasound made it even more real. Once reality set in that there was really a baby in there, I fell in love.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 11:34 PM on Jun. 13, 2011