Selling a house -what do you look for?

My house is for sale and I always wonder what people look for as what is a deal turner for them. My house is clean, uncluttered (except in the basement storage area), but it lacks that "wow" factor. I know everyone's "Wow" factor is different, but what is your "wow" factor? The one thing I lack is good landscaping.

techgirl3

Asked by techgirl3 at 11:24 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Home & Garden

• landscaping is important. some people will not even opt to tour the house if the outside looks not so great. landscaping really pays off when you're selling your house. also make sure all the 'little' things are fixed. that gives the impression that you took good care of things.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:28 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I think the landscaping is what is hurting us. Everything is in good order otherwise. I think I'm going to start working on that next weekend (the landscaping)
    techgirl3

Comment by techgirl3 (original poster) at 11:30 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Curb appeal is important.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:51 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I like a house that looks homey. Not all white walls and stainless steel sinks/appliances. I have seen institutions that looked warmer and more welcoming
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 12:30 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I would look at the kitchen see how big it is,and then the yard ,to see how big the yard is for plants.
    jbaby7162000

Answer by jbaby7162000 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Be sure to remove all pictures of family - so the buyers can envision the house as their own.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:24 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I actually love a blank slate, because I like home projects. When I tour a house, I am constantly looking at things we would do to make it better. For me, it's lot size, high ceilings, big closets, and a single story that is practical for us.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:25 PM on Jun. 14, 2011