Can the fat content is breastmilk decrease?

Usually when I pump I get about 6 oz. out total and it almost looks like Whole Milk, but for the last couple days when I pump I still get about 6 oz. but it looks like skim milk. So I'm assuming the fat content has gone down a lot. Is that possible? If so is that bad for my baby? How do I make the fat content go back up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• the make up of breast milk is always changing depending on the needs of your child. also keep in mind that the first milk is thinner than the 'hind milk' which comes in after you have been nursing (or pumping) for a while. but the make up of breast milk changes at every feeding and it is always perfect each time.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• Watch your baby's poop. If he has tummy troubles it could be due to e higher sugar content of your "skim" milk. My baby had issues with this. My fat content wasn't good and DD became very gassy.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:12 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Your fat content is fine. It WILL look different each time; that's normal. No worries here!

Answer by gdiamante at 1:47 PM on Jun. 14, 2011