I've been having symptoms of gallbladder issues for about 2 years now...had an u/s today and I go to find out the results on wednesday...the u/s tech didn't say much....are techs always like that or does that mean she didn't see anything?

I asked her if she saw anything in the middle of the u/s and she said she hadn't yet...and at the end I asked again and she said she saw a small polyp but didn't say much more than that. Now I'm freaking out thinking that my illness is just nerves or that the surgeon will say there's nothing wrong after 2 years of being sick. Are they not allowed to say? Do U/S techs always keep info from you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Jun. 13, 2011 in Health

• they are not qualified to give a diagnosis, so it doesn't matter what they say. usually if they do say something it's not right anyway, so just sit tight until wed. and talk to your dr. about it.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:50 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• techs dont have a medical degree and arent allowed to make a diagnosis, your doctor will review the scan and let you know...good luck!
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 11:52 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• They can't say anything. Aside from the sex of a baby, any other US I have ever had they don't say much. They can't diagnose. She probably shouldn't have even said anything about the polyp, that just stresses you out when you don't know a diagnosis.
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 12:04 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• yes, the techs never say anything. You have to wait for the dr to interpret the images and tell you.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 12:16 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Techs aren't supposed to tell you anything. They can actually lose their job if they do because of the HIPPA law. Although they can see what is probably wrong; it has to be confirmed by a doctor legally. When I had gallbladder problems, they did three different tests on me. Every test came back negative; however, the doctor ended up doing surgery cause of my symptoms and found that my gallbladder had been awful for years. I never did find out why the tests were wrong, but I was definitely glad to get it removed! Good luck...
    cindyfitz

Answer by cindyfitz at 12:29 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Techs can lose their jobs. But,I work in the medical field and they do tell me because I work in the field.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:38 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• If the tech is right about a polyp,that is a pre cancerous condition.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:39 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Polyps are not always cancerous. There are different types and the cancerous type is very rare.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:34 AM on Jun. 14, 2011