Is it just too soon or have I miscarried?

I'm 6 weeks and 4 days pregnant and was in the hospital at 6 weeks and 1 day. They did the ultrasound and a vaginal doppler thingy but detected no heartbeat...the doctor said it could possibly be too soon or I may have miscarried. I have a friend though who heard her babys heart beat at 5 weeks. When is the best time to hear the babys heartbeat? I'm worried :/ Theres been no blood or passing of the fetus, but is there always blood?

destiny269

Asked by destiny269 at 12:59 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• There is not always blood. You could have had a "missed" miscarriage.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 1:48 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I went to my best friends ultrasound at 6 weeks and saw nothing. That is the week the heart begins beating. I saw mine at 8.5 weeks. Don't worry just yet hun. Good luck.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 7:21 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Wow I'm scatterbrained. My best friend is now 16 weeks and baby is just fine.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 7:22 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• They should have told you they would monitor your blood levels...did they say what your HCG was? As long as it keeps rising it should be okay, I would call them back and ask them if you could come in next week for blood work,, by 10 weeks you should know for sure,, you will be in my thoughts!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:27 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• everydys diffrent i went in at 5 weeks and they didnt hear a heartbeat and they told and me to come back at 8 weeks an that was a week ago and they heard a heartbeat:) so i would wait until 8 weeks and y were u in hospital?
    aliciareichle

Answer by aliciareichle at 3:46 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• i was in the hospital cause of pain
    destiny269

Comment by destiny269 (original poster) at 11:39 AM on Jun. 15, 2011