How much caffeine do you drink?

I'm in my third trimester and probably drink about 2 sodas a day. I didn't drink any caffeine in the 1st trimester but eased up a lot as time has gone on. I know soda has very little caffeine, compared to say, coffee so I don't worry about it that much. How much do you drink?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I drink...enough LOL! I didn't cut down on caffeine THAT much during this pregnancy. I don't drink coffee every single day. Maybe two days every week, if even that. I'll have maybe one or two sodas a week, and when we go out to eat I get sweet tea. I'm not as much of a caffeine junkie as I used to be.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:54 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• 3 dr peppers a day i need them to survive.
    Anonymous

• I did such a good job of not drinking caffeine last year when I was pregnant with my son. If I drank soda I drank lemon-lime sodas. With my current pregnancy though I've been really bad about it.... I tried to back off when I first found out I was pregnant, but ugh.... yeah... some days I'll have none, some I'll have 1 or 2, the most I think I've had has been 3...... I'm trying...... lol
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 5:55 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• during pregnancy i didnt care how much caffeine i drank .i do limit myself to 4 - 5 sodas a day though as with my pregnancy.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:56 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• With my 1st I drank a pepsi at least 3 times a day.. With this one I cant stand it and I have been evening drinking decaf tea instead because it does not make be feel as bad. I wish I could drink a pepsi through!!!
    Anonymous

• Depends on the soda, as for the caffeine content, but I drank a black iced tea by the end of my pregnancy a few times a week. I gave up coffee when I started trying to get pregnant, and then couldn't stand the smell or taste once I got pregnant. I've started back up with that now!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:10 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• You're probably okay to have up to 300 mg of caffeine/day. That's what my doctor had told me. Coffee at home would contain about 13-14mg/oz. Starbucks brewed coffee would be about 20-22mg/oz. A shot of espresso holds 50-55mg/oz. Don't let that scare you though, a latte with 2 shots of espresso is only about 120mg, which is less than a 16oz (medium) cup of brewed coffee. Coke has 3 mg/oz, Mt Dew has 5mg/oz. In your 3rd trimester, caffeine will stay in your system up to 20 hours, so watch the time of day you consume. Also, DON'T CONSUME DURING BREASTFEEDING MONTHS. You'll be dying for something to help you wake up, but you'll be killing yourself trying to get Jr. to sleep ever again. In a panic, I took my baby to the hospital after he didn't sleep for almost 24 hours, and screaming the last 2 hours. Turns out, it was my fault for the cup of coffee I drank only once!
    Ophy

Answer by Ophy at 4:09 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I have some maybe once every week or two. I don't drink soda on a regular basis and I never have coffee.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:07 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• The only caffeine I drink is in Sobe but I'm concerned about the herbal content (don't know if it is warrented) so I am not drinking it either. I gave up all soda in college but went back to non-caffeinated beverages about three years after giving it up. No coffee, no caffeine. In fact dark sodas are so syrapy now, I can't even think about drinking them.
    Anonymous