Is inlaws hating one another and Nt getting along after several years grounds for divorce

In your opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• no , you are not married to inlaws
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 1:09 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• No. However, I suppose it is stressful. It's sad, though, to let the actions of others dictate what happens in the marriage.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 1:11 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Several years of inlaws being given permission to overstep their bounds by you husband can ruin your marriage. I've seen it! If he isnt laying down the law, it will ruin you guys. If it's affecting your emotional well being as well as your children's, and you have exhausted all other options then divorce may be necessary. I've seen how bad it can get. It would be filed under irreconcilable differences.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:20 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• You married your husband, not your in-laws. No, it is not grounds for divorce. Give yourselves some space. Show them as much love as you can and be patient with everything. It all works itself out in the long run.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 1:20 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I feel degraded and misunderstood. I feel like if i dont stand up for myself then im agreeing with all the bad things they say.. I tell you what if i ever marry again. I will need to have to get along with my spouses family ..bc the stress and depression of this has taken years of my life
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:24 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I understand totally. I've had to get on anti depressants because of the lack of boundaries and slander. My children were affected. If my husband didn't step in I'd eventually leave. It's overwhelming, and it's something new everyday. From day one I was never respected. Its easy for someone to say it isn't grounds for a divorce if they haven't been there. It can be really bad. And if nothing else will change and husband chooses his family over you, there is a serious problem. To me if he's allowing them to disrespect you he's allowing them to disrespect your kids and himself as well.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:35 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• No. My parents and his parents, dont even speak to each other. Why would we divorce because they don't like each other? That's stupid. I wouldn't ever consider leaving my DH because our parents are childish.
    Mrs.Gallegos649

Answer by Mrs.Gallegos649 at 1:38 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• So, if your husband allowed his parents or siblings to come in your house when you aren't home, verbally abuse you in front of your children, not stand up to them when they accuse him of not being the child's father right in front of the children, etc, and refused to put a stop to it, you'd stay? Really?
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:42 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Wow, I am having this problem as we speak.... a few weeks ago my husbands sister "unfriended" the both of us on FB because she didn't agree with my opinion on thanking someone when they have sent a gift! long story short, my husband agreed with me, and then she "refriended" him a few days ago but didnt refriend me? i know this sounds like high school..... we are all 42 - 48 yrs old! i dont want to deal with this....i have never had these problems in my immediate family and he just doesnt understand why my feelings are hurt??
    iylasmommy

Answer by iylasmommy at 2:05 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• you can choose your husband...not the in-laws! you have to stand strong with your husband an dont care about the others, thats what i do!
    kea1313

Answer by kea1313 at 4:04 AM on Jun. 14, 2011