For those of you that have a retroverted uterus.....

is it considered a high-risk pregnancy?

For those of you that may not know, it means your uterus is tilted backwards.

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 1:15 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was high risk, but it had nothing to do with my uterus. My dr said that typically the baby comes out no matter how it's tilted.
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 2:00 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I've got a recumbent uterus (another word for the same thing). It's not a reason to consider a pregnancy high-risk.

Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 7:44 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I have a tilted uterus also. I am with my second pregnancy. So far both time my uterus has "fixed" itself. After growing a bit the muscles pull the goods up where they should be. They did have a hard time getting a good heart beat in the very early weeks, because I was tilted back. My "high risk" issue was for my heart no being able to handle the extra blood it was pumping. It had nothing to do with my uterus. Good luck! If I were you I wouldn't be worried unless the doctors find something else wrong.
    Afrontz

Answer by Afrontz at 2:40 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• It's not because of me, my daughter has the issue, but she's not pregnant. I didn't have any problems, so I was wondering how it was different.
    amessageofhope

Comment by amessageofhope (original poster) at 11:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2011