Decoration ideas for wedding reception

K, so... I got married a few months ago in a private ceremony on the beach, and am having my formal reception next month back home (in Texas) And my colors are Turquoise paired with a black and white damask print. So my problem is, I'm getting turquoise tablecloths, I'm not spending the money on chair sashes bc that's too much money.. and the flowers are going to be white with turquoise and black sprays.. The gift boxes for the guests are going to be black and white print with turquoise tags. Everything else is going to be black and white print.. Maybe balloons?? Would balloons be too childish? Oh and its going to be an outside reception close to sunset with white christmas lights strung up everywhere. ANY ideas would be helpful. Thanks ladies

danichaos

Asked by danichaos at 1:20 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I LOVE balloons and unless they have happy birthday or get well written on them, theyre not too childish :)

I love your colors by the way, and balloons in them will look so nice!
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 1:40 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• maybe some candles or to tie in the beach theme some sea shells or colored sand.
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 3:34 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• try a balloon arch .. they are fairly easy to make (youtube for info if need be) I personally would take a glass and fill with sand and shells from the beach where the wedding was if that is an option. place on a mirror with candles around it for table center pieces. Bows on chairs can be a cheaper way to spice up chairs... at least bride and groom.
    Mommy_Aiken

Answer by Mommy_Aiken at 10:46 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I wouldn't overdo the balloons.. but some balloons would be nice ! and congrats!!
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 9:00 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I love balloons. Inexpensive & fun decorations.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 1:24 PM on Jul. 29, 2011

• I'd suggest you to try paper lanterns. I recently went to Hong Kong on a business tour and I saw a street full of lanterns. Unfortunately it was the day time so I couldn't enjoy the real view. It was looking so beautiful in the day time, wish I could go at night as well. Here is the picture:

juliamiller266

Answer by juliamiller266 at 6:03 AM on Dec. 13, 2012