Yay! Finally a sign.

Does losing my plug mean I am dialting or effacing or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you are getting close to having the baby....it can be a couple od days to a couple of wks or at least thats what my dr told me
    Anonymous

• It means you are starting to dilate but it could be weeks or even a month before you give birth. Some women walk around for a long time dilated to one cm or even two-four cm without going into labor.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 5:58 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I hate to break it to you but losing your plug could mean labor in a few hours days weeks or the plug could grow back and it could be longer the plug is not a good measure of when you will go into labor.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 5:59 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i meant yay finally a sign it's getting close.
    Anonymous

• loosing your plug means nothing. it can regenerate itself. even dilation and effacement mean nothing women walk around for weeks some longer in that state,... sorry the only true sign is actually labor :)
    angelbabies14

Answer by angelbabies14 at 8:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• It's progress, but not an indication of when you'll go into labor. Hang in there!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:08 AM on Dec. 12, 2008