For those of you that are unhappily married...

Have you/do you cheat on your husband? Has he found out? Is the fact that you are married a deterant for other men? I'm unhappily married and I won't go into detail about my situation but bascially I'm staying involved just because of my son and I no longer interested in being faithful to my husband because he and his family have trapped me. I just want to know if its possible to live another life and not get caught.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't think so I think cheaters always get caught.
    retent

Answer by retent at 2:08 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Being married is not a deterant for other men. Not always. If you're unhappy....you need to get out. You may feel trapped....but let me ask you this: how long can you PRETEND? You're already living another life trying to stay married. If you want to cheat, you need to get out. Plain and simple.

If you want to work on your marriage....then I urge you to do so.

I know things happen and I know life happens and I know you feel like you may be one of the few out there who feel like you do, but trust me....a lot of women are in your shoes....all the time. You can't believe how many friends I have in your situation. Being married is hard.....sometimes it doesn't work out.

And to answer your last question: people ALWAYS find out. One way or another, you are caught. And what's worse: leaving him? Or getting caught being unfaithful and getting screwed over that way during a divorce?
    ImPhoenix

Answer by ImPhoenix at 2:11 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• The big question is do you really want to cheat? If you don't want to stay in that relationship get a divorce. You will do more harm to your child by setting a terrible example than just following your heart. Do you even want to think about that conversation??
    ajbrownies

Answer by ajbrownies at 2:24 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Ur going to get caught sooner or later..
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 2:47 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• my husbands last 2 wives cheated on him and I understand why they did......But I have a different set of morals and have a logical open mind....I see that cheating does nothing positive for any relationship...the ohhs and ahhhs of that new relationship are short lived.
    before you know it everyone is hurt and your back at nothing.
    If I am not happy I bring it up and keep talking until he "gets it" and we work to move on. cheating would not solve anything..
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:53 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• "What's done in the dark will come to the light"
    I don't think that there is anyone can get away with doing wrong for very long...and like other mamas have already mentioned...when you get caught...and you probably will...how are you going to explain that to your child?
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:14 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• LEAVE! thats the only thing i can say, its better for you and your son, why living a fake live...
    kea1313

Answer by kea1313 at 3:57 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I cant wait for my divorce to be final!! But I still refuse to be unfaithful. My husband on the other hand is already engaged. I'm not going to look like a pig too. There's plenty of time for moving on after the divorce is final and I'm truly a single woman.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 6:48 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• If your son came to you 20 years from now and asked you this, what would you say to him? I would tell my son, first to try to remember why he got married in the first place. Than I would implore him to get help with his marriage. Read books, go to counseling, etc. Even if his SO didn't want to go with him. If all my efforts to keep them together failed than I would tell him to get a divorce before sleeping with anyone else. If you want your son to be a man of his word and respect women than you have to set that example. You say you want to stay together for your son, but what is that really doing for him?! It's better for him to have 2 single parent, happy homes than one 2 parent, miserable existence.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 8:42 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I used to be unhappy and yes its possible I had a "friend" for almost 2 years he never knew until one of my trampy ex friend told him she felt sorry for him and what I was doing to him stupid broad so he started fishing around I broke it off and then just admitted it and we moved on
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 9:06 AM on Jun. 14, 2011