I hate eating in front of my husband. :\

It makes me feel fat and I'm scared he might think I am.
I'm not anorexic or anything, but my husband it one of those guys that don't eat for like hours and hours on end, then eats one meal and is set.
Me, I eat about 3 meals a day, and maybe a snack or two, so I try to eat as little as possible until he goes to work at night.

and now that I'm pregnant, the hunger is like..AAHH.
I'm trying to get out of this mind set. But. Nothing helps. and my husbands athletic built body doesnt help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• How long have you been married????? How long can you keep up the facade???? Girl eat when you want to eat!!!!!! You plan to spend your life together you can not carry on like this. Where is this coming from, something you are putting on yourself or has he ever said anything? If your pregnant you need to ear healthy, 3 meals a day etc......
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 2:00 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• We've been together for a year...He's never called me fat, he's never ever said anything about my weight, I'm pretty average. But jeez. Idk why I feel so self conscience.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:03 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Well you feel so insecure because you are prego. Of course you are going to be worried about being fat. Don't. You should tell your husband. It will let him help you and encourage you. I think you'd feel better knowing he really doesn't judge you every time you put food in your mouth. Good luck! (0=
    ajbrownies

Answer by ajbrownies at 2:26 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I have anxiety issues and hate eating around people period....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• the only thing i can say is EAT! You need food, now more because you are pregnant. i gained only 12 kilos but ate a lot during the 9 months, i walked every day and kept busy. No one is perfect, be pleased and happy with your body!
    kea1313

Answer by kea1313 at 3:53 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• well i can tell you you're only hurting your baby by not eating that right there is just disgusting that anyone would do that to a poor baby
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 5:14 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Therapy, stat. This is an eating disorder and should be treated as one.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:46 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I lived with a woman that had this same problem. She would wait till I went to bed to eat. She was also clinically diagnosed OCD. I'm not saying you have the same problem, but you do have a symptom of a bigger problem. What you have may not be anorexia or bolemia, but it is still an eating disorder! Right now you need to eat for two. Your baby needs you to do this! I think you should make an appt. With your doctor and confess this problem. He can refer you to a therapist and a nutritionalist. You do not have a healthy relationship with food and you can't ignore that. You are a vessel for another life, and you need to put your unborn child first.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 8:28 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Girl EAT
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 9:03 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I think you have an eating disorder too. That's not normal at all. I hope you can seek out some therapy or at least talk to your doctor about what you're going through. Good luck!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:17 AM on Jun. 14, 2011