Your suppose to wash dishes in warm or close to hot water to rid of grease and germs.Does anybody change the dish water once it gets cold or do you keep washing dishes in the cold water?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I change it because by the time it is cold it is also dirty and gross. How can I get dishes clean in filthy water.
    quinnmommy

Answer by quinnmommy at 2:07 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I rarely have enough dishes to hand wash that the water gets cold, but if I do, I keep washing, unless I'm having trouble getting stuff clean, in which case I get fresh water.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:19 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I prefer hot or warm water over cold or tepid. Normally if the water has had time to get cold, it's proabably dirt and can't hurt to be changed. You're still conserving as you are filling the basin with water, rather that letting the water run will washing and rinsing.
    MyasNanNa

Answer by MyasNanNa at 3:22 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I change . I also run my dish water straight hot and let dishes soak a while
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 4:00 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I get them all washed before it has a chance to get cold. But I'm just washing pots and pans and whatever doesn't fit or can't go in the dishwasher. If I'm washing a lot of them I change the water when it gets gross. I've seen a relative of mine leave a sink full of dirty dish water for a couple of days and then use that same water to wash with. Yuck!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:23 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I agree with Robin Christine.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 5:00 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• yes I have changed the water several times during the duration of doing the dishes depends on how many dishes I have as to how many times I change the water and also how greasy they are
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:05 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• It's the soap that kills the germs you know - if you get them good and soapy then the temp is of little concern.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I don't do dishes long enough for the water to get cold.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:09 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I wash dishes with suds and some clorox to kill germs and hot water to ,i do change water if its cold bye the time i get to the pots
    jbaby7162000

Answer by jbaby7162000 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 14, 2011