Which 'childrens brand' toothpaste is best for a two year old??

WhitneyMommyOf2

Asked by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 2:04 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my sons like colgate the best flouoride free of course!!!!
    AshleyL1013

Answer by AshleyL1013 at 3:00 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• We use 2 different kinds with my son... we use the orajel training tooth paste without flouride... but we also use, I think it's colgate, children's toothpaste that does have flouride... we use a smaller amount of the toothpaste with fluoride and don't use it daily... we of coarse are working on spitting but mostly he still swallows it.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:40 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• There is one in particular, with a bear on it that is safe for them to swallow. It might be Tom's of Maine. That is what I used when they were small. Now I go by flavor. They refuse so many. I have a drawer full that my kids won't use because they taste bad.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:05 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I think dentists recommend that children under six use toothpaste without flouride :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:06 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Well, I think I have made up my mind, I was talking to my friends on FB about this and was informed that there is a significant amount of SACCHARIN in MOST baby toothpastes!! EEEK! Apperently they don't have to WARN you about this because you don't actually "Consume" it like you would food. (Mad face!) Grrr! I'm going to go with grins and giggles by Gerber. Thank you all for your advice it is much appriciated!
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Comment by WhitneyMommyOf2 (original poster) at 12:57 AM on Jun. 20, 2011