HELP ASAP!!!!!

First of all, I know that it's perfectly normal for a baby to get a bit of a knot in their leg after shots, but it is suppose to go away within a week or two, or maybe a month at the most...

but MY DD is 10 months, and had this knot since she was two months (when she got her first shots) it's purple on the surface, and I THINK it's gotten a bit bigger, her Dr. says it's normal and will go away, but I have NEVER heard of it lasting THIS long!

Has this happened to anyone else??

WhitneyMommyOf2

Asked by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 2:07 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No and I would have gotten a second opinion A LONG TIME AGO!
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 2:12 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I DID! I got 3!!! Which is why I am on HERE!
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Comment by WhitneyMommyOf2 (original poster) at 2:15 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• yes with my daughter. she got a MRI and turns out she has a birth defect affecting her brain. request a MRI of her head. X-rays don't show everything.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 2:39 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Keep going to new pediatricians until someone pays attention. It would seem to me that something IS wrong.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 3:04 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• keep on telling pediatricians and find one that will addres your concern and do absolutely everything to figure what it is. mri's, x-rays, bloodwork. whatever it takes. this doesnt sound like it is normal.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 3:30 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• You need to look up the VEARS website. It is for adverse vaccine reactions. The doctors are not allowed to tell you that there was a problem arising from immunizations. All adverse reactions go through this agency. They are a government agency. Each reaction with each immunization only has a certain reporting period. Please check it out and see if you can get another opinion from someone medically. This is NOT normal to have a lump for 8 months.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 11:15 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• No need to get an attitude, you should have stated that in your original post.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 11:45 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Thank you everyone for your advice, and dmdblleb... I'm so sorry I did'nt address something that should be common sense. Who would come on here and ask random ppl, of whom they have never met, before seeking opinions of professionals... maybe you should be a bit more polite, when answering questions! Furthermore, I think the way you represented yourself in your first comment WAS JUST RUDE! "No and I would have gotten a second opinion A LONG TIME AGO! "
    Honestly, if you could'nt be of any help, or give any advice that was worth anything, why even comment?!
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Comment by WhitneyMommyOf2 (original poster) at 12:52 AM on Jun. 20, 2011