Jehova witness question

I have a neighbor who is a Jehova's Witness ( sorry if I spelled that wrong). She is a really nice lady and doesn't push her religion on me. Lately she has been bringing food items from her church over to us. It's always stuff we can use and is appreciated. I am wondering if it is a practice of the Jehova's Witness church to have a church pantry or place where people give food and if that is for all church memebers or just for those in need? So if you are a member of that denomination or knowledgible about it, please shed some light on this for me.

quinnmommy

Asked by quinnmommy at 2:17 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• my sisters bff is married into a Jehovah witness group and from what I have seen is there is no big importance to give to others and what your neighbor does is solely out of her heart and does not come from any group...it is what she wants to do
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:36 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• It's not something that all congregations do. But there are many who do collect food goods or other items that members are able to donate to help out those around them. Usually the items go to congregation members first, but if they know of someone who is in need outside the congregation they will reach out and help them when possible. It's simply their part in caring for the needs of others.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:57 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I am not familar with that religion, but I have a church a mile from me that is J/Witness and they give food to anyone who needs it.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:28 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• IDK about food but last year we were boiling water due to construction. I am not JW but have friends who are,when they heard of our predictament they brought cases of water to us
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 2:58 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I would thank her and try to do something nice for her.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 4:56 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• sounds like she's trying to help u. i've always known Jehovah's Witnesses to stop by your house to try to teach you their word but that's it.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 8:34 AM on Jun. 14, 2011