Do you think all formula will ever be taken off the market since so many people think it's poisonous or whatever?

People can get donated breastmilk or buy it pretty easily now days so do you think formula will be done away with or maybe be by prescription only?

p.s.
I don't think formula is poison, I've just seen others here on Cafemom claim that it is "nothing but poison". And all of my kids have been both formula and breastfed. Personally, I hope formula never has to go away.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• females are just dumb dramatic bitches I dont think it will get pulled off the market considering its not poison not everyone can breastfeed, its harder than it looks and some just have an issue with supply and whatnot. FUCK ALL THE DUMB BITCHES who sit there and judge others for not breastfeeding.
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 4:01 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• It absolutely shouldnt be unfortunately some women dont have that choice to breastfeed like most people think
    Starleet

Answer by Starleet at 4:05 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• And I would not use donated breastmilk for my children either. I cant trust what is in it from their bodies.
    Starleet

• Pulling formula is not even possible. Formula is necessary. Some woman arent able to breast feed, some woman dont produce enough milk to supply a babies needs, some woman are simply not comfortable breast feeding and some woman have adopted a baby and dont make breast milk. The idea that breast milk could be sold in large enough quantities to feed every baby up until they are 1 year old is wishful thinking. The strict regulations for testing and the sheer demand would be inpossible to get under control.

You have crazy people who are in favor of just about everything. The idea that formula is poison is a personal opinion of some women but not something that should be taken seriously.
    rosepetal209

Answer by rosepetal209 at 4:28 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Before there was formula, women (and pharmacists) mixed their own. Many kids didn't thrive on it; some died. It was NO WAY as good as what's out there now. There really is very little breast milk available by donation. If your child doesn't have a real need, he will not be able to get it. I don't think that commercial formula will ever go away. It is necessary, under many circumstances, to have a baby that's drinking something other than mother's milk. My son didn't come home with me from the hospital when he was born. He was small, too small to latch. I only had time to pump for one or 2 feedings for him each day as I had to take care of his autistic sister and twin brother. Needless to say, he got lots of formula in the beginning. I did wean him off of bottles completely at around 2 months, but I don't know what I could have fed him if there wasn't formula to give him.

Most kids do OK with formula. It's not poison.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 6:40 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• LOL...formula is NOT poison. I was a formula baby, and I am nursing my baby of 13 months so I've been on both sides. They would never pull formula from the shelves. There is nothing wrong with it, and it nourishes babies that can't have breastmilk for whatever reason :)
    Sarahbeth7

Answer by Sarahbeth7 at 7:26 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• WOW
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:14 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• No i dont believe formula will ever be removed from the market, like others have mentioned some mothers just cant breastfeed for multiple reasons. I was one of them tried with both my children but my body wasnt producing enough for them both of them started losing to much weight so i had to switch to formula. And i agree with another poster as for getting donated milk you never know what type of person it came from so no that is out of the question for alot of people too also knowing getting donated breastmilk i've heard is expensive.
    SarahLynn1985

Answer by SarahLynn1985 at 12:55 AM on Jun. 16, 2011