Is it possible to bring my milk supply back up?

I wa only nursing my daughter when we woke up and then again when we went to bed and I gave her a bottle w/ formula all day because I was looking for work and helping my mom out. I didn't have a breast pump either!! Now my milk is almost gone! I'm lucky to produce an oz from each side!! I have a pump now and I've been trying w/ little improvement ! Is there anything I can do to bring it back???

AshleyMarie88

Asked by AshleyMarie88 at 4:13 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it depend on what you eat and if you'r stressed .. try to relax and eat : fish .. Honey ...and lots of Nuts
    and almands .... and drink lots of water ..this what i red ;) gd luck !!
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 4:23 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• ohh i love honey !!! i'll have to do the water thing, i dont drink enough. thank you!!
    AshleyMarie88

Comment by AshleyMarie88 (original poster) at 5:08 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• oatmeal lots of water and feed on demand

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/low-supply.html this link might help as well

Gen

Answer by Gen at 5:09 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• oh you might wanna join the Breastfeeding Group here as well :) lots of help there

Gen

Answer by Gen at 5:12 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• awesome thanks!!
    AshleyMarie88

Comment by AshleyMarie88 (original poster) at 5:14 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• My LC told me that some women need to nurse 4X per day to maintain a supply. Try either nursing or pumping more often. You can up your supply. I did it. When my sons were born, one had to stay in the hospital because he was small and too small to nurse. I was only able to pump enough for 1 or 2 feedings. (DD has autism and requires a lot of my time.) For the rest, he got formula. When he was 5 weeks old, he got big enough to latch, but I only had enough supply for one baby. I still nursed him and supplemented with formula, but every 3 or 4 days, I dropped a bottle of formula. By the time they were 12 weeks, I had exclusively breastfed twins. Expect your supply to increase by one feeding every 3 or 4 days.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 6:24 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Just nurse.Your pump output is gorgeous. half an ounce to two ounces TOTAL is normal so you're more than fine and don't have anything to worry about here.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:43 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Oh that's good to know. I was worried cuz when my milk first came in for about 2wks or so I was able to pump 4oz from each side believe it or not and my breasts leaked like crazy. My breasts dont leak at all any more. is that normal?
    AshleyMarie88

Comment by AshleyMarie88 (original poster) at 6:10 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• The best way to get your milk supply back up is strictly by breastfeeding on demand. You can also add something herbal like Breastea from http://www.breastea.com to boost your milk production. If you can't breastfeed, pump every two to three hours.
    bigmamaisback

Answer by bigmamaisback at 4:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2011