salsbury steak????help

first time trying to make it, any advice....im scared it will turn out bad.....

franklynnsmom

Asked by franklynnsmom at 6:03 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I'll be frank...when I make it...I just make what are essentially meatloaf patties. I use instant or jarred gravy if I don't have time to make it from scratch (yes...I really do do that sometimes). Cook your patties like you would skillet fried hamburgers then arrange in baking pan (preferably glass). Pour your gravy over the top and bake. I sometimes bake it low and slow at 250 degrees and sometimes for 45 minutes at around 350 degrees. If you like mushrooms, throw in some sliced mushrooms when you put in the gravy. Serve with vegetable of your choice and mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 6:10 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Step1
    Combine the ground beef, stuffing mix, 1 ½ cup of water, and onion and mix well with hands.

Step2
    Shape the mixture into thick oval patties and place them on the baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes or until cooked through to 160 degrees F.

Step3
    While the steaks are baking, combine the remainder of the water, 2 c., with the beef flavor gravy mix in the skillet. Do not start the cooking of the gravy yet. Five minutes before steaks are finished turn on the stove and begin heating the gravy mixture.

Step4
    When steaks are finished, remove them from the oven, turn the oven off, and immediately put the steaks in the gravy mixture. Allow this to cook until the gravy begins to thicken. If it is too thick for your likings, add more water until it becomes the consistency you desire. Make sure you coat the steaks with the gravy.

Step5
    Serve with your favorite vegetables and potat
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 6:17 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I guess I take the lazy way.... I throw my meat patties (I put onions in the patties) in the rotisserie or on a grilling rack in the oven, and make gravy on the stove or use the jarred stuff (some has mushroom in it). When the rest of the meal is prepared, I just put the gravy on top of the meat in the plate and begin eating....
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:32 AM on Dec. 14, 2008