How to love myself again!?

Well. . i'm havin serious issues about my weight.. ive always had weight problems and can never quite figure out whats best for me.. i cant make myself motivated enough to lose weight.. i am 19 and weigh 220 and am 5'5 i have a BMI of 36.6 which states im obese.. i dont look in the mirror and see OBESE i see overweight.. all my family are overweight which just kinda makes me down about tryin to lose it myself.. I'm a full time student/stay at home mom to a 3 month old.. i got down to 200 a month after i had my daughter but started taking orthrotricyclen and my weight sky rocketed back up.. I hate to look at myself in the mirror and i hate for my fiance to look at me like this.. :( i know he loves me but i dont love me.. can anyone give me some advice to better myself for me and my family...?

carrientravisj1

Asked by carrientravisj1 at 4:57 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• the first thing is to change the food and cooked receips ... eat lots of vegetable and drink lots and lot of water ... coffee as weel can reduce hapetite .... i was depressed once and i was overweight .. but no more of this ... im ok now caus ei'v been very serious and i canged lots in my life .. some foods aren't good for our health but teste delicious ..just avid sweet things ..chips and grasss .... soupe and salde every night would be fine .... YOU'ARE PRETTY but will be MORE PRETTY ;)
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 5:23 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Awe thanks for the advice.. I have been depressed for yrs bc of my weight but i think it got worse after i gave birth to see the stretch marks and such.. its just so hard.. especially havin such a young child i cant really get out in the heat with her to work out..so its hard.. food is just so good lol
    carrientravisj1

Comment by carrientravisj1 (original poster) at 5:26 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• ~hugs~ I'm so sorry you're feeling this way about yourself. We really can be our toughest critics.

I don't really have any advice, but I wanted to let you know that you'll be in my thoughts. I wish you the very best in all things. <3 Here's a bump!
    dream-catcher

Answer by dream-catcher at 6:43 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I understand how hard it is and how sometimes your motivation ins't always there. I think making small changes is the first thing you need to do. Get a note book and write down everything you eat. Don't cheat either just write it down. After a few days review what you have been eating and see where you can make changes. Over the next few weeks make small changes, for example if you don't drink enough water then try drinking 8 glasses a day. Next add one fruit or veggie a day to what you are eating and take out one processed food. Look at the portion sizes of what you are eating a start cutting back by using smaller plates.

After a couple of weeks of small changes you might start to notice that you are feeling better and that you are losing some weight. You have to stick with it and it is hard..Once you start feeling better go for a small walk even if it is just around the block. Lastly, set small goals. Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:51 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I wrote some articles on this - http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/123122/kickbuttmama.html - I suggest reading a few - especially on starting a ME journal!
    KickButtMama

Answer by KickButtMama at 9:24 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• this is hard to do, but I was taught by a great therapist to look in the mirror often and say out loud that you are beautiful and deserving and "I love you just as you are" It really works and as it begins to work, you'll have greater motivation to lose the weight. You (and all of us ) are beautiful and deserving of love, especially loving ourselves. Be kind to you. After a decade of yo-yo dieting I finally lost 70 lbs by changing my eating habits and studying dance, so I know your pain well. You have my prayers and hope, if you have enough courage to post this ?, you have the courage to take on this challange. best wishes for slow and steady progress.
    misha230

Answer by misha230 at 9:41 AM on Jun. 14, 2011