BF family new baby

My family is very welcoming, holidays, birthdays, everyone includes my bf like a member of the family. His family is however the complete opposite. They even refer to me as 'the outsider' not by my name. We have been together for about 2 and a half years and I've never been properly introduced to his immediate family, just his mom. They just come to our house, speak to him deal with whatever problem they have and go about their business, despite the fact they walk all over him anyway. They don't even acknowledge me with a hello. Its been in the back of my mind, wondering how their going to act when my son is born. I don't really want to be bothered because I feel they didnt take the time to get to know me prior to my son being born, so don't bother. How would you react?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• if they continue to behave like this with you i wouldn't let them see my baby. if they want to act like this and not acknowledge you in your own home to hell with them. and if your bf has a problem with this he can go too, he should have been saying something beforehand. not until they show you some kind of respect i would keep my baby away. Just my opinion.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 2:35 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• what's the reaction of you BF .. is it normal to him this behave ???
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 5:47 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Don't expect things to improve when you have the baby. I had a friend who dated this guy for 3 years and was called the exact same thing by his family. She tried so hard to be acknowledged. She went to many family functions, and was Johnny on the spot when any of them needed anything. They still called her that! The guys brother however had been dating this girl since college and was considered part of the family! It was completely unfair. After 3 years she went to a family wedding and met her boyfriends ex. This ex was buddy buddy with his whole family too! Turns out the reason she wasn't being accepted is because his parents had allready decided that he was going to marry that other girl even though they hadn't dated in five years! My friend can be dramatic when slapped in the face with that kind of news.... She jumped off the pier that the wedding was at, in her brides maids dress and caused a huge scene; and ended it w/guy
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 8:09 AM on Jun. 14, 2011