What name did you want to give your child BUT family or partner objected to it???

I really like the name "Halleli" and "Emelina" but hubby won't agree to it I think I'm a little adventurous with names how about you which baby names were you denied?? :-D

ashleysprincess

Asked by ashleysprincess at 6:19 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• Zinnia - I thought it was a different flower name. :) There's nothing wrong with being adventurous. Just so you know, my daughter was named Chihiro. Your husband might like another name that's off the beaten track. :)
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 6:25 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Zinnia is such a cute name woow soo pretty and Chihiro is off the wall!!lol it must be nice to be the only one with that name,so unique,how is it pronounced?
    ashleysprincess

Comment by ashleysprincess (original poster) at 6:32 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• i wanted to name my daughter Ocean, but my hubby said no and picked Lacey
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 6:39 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Ocean is so pretty!!But Lacey is a pretty compromise too!! :-)
    ashleysprincess

Comment by ashleysprincess (original poster) at 6:41 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I really like family names. I wanted to name our oldest daughter Sigrid Elizabeth after my favorite grandma. My husband said no, so we compromised with Siri(Ceri), a pet name for Sigrid. I think it is a modern twist on an old world name, and Grandma is really proud. My husband wanted Madison for our seconddaughter, but eventually we settled with Amber, not my favorite at the time, but it really fits her. Her middle name is Laree, which is a feminine version of Larry after his father and a homage to my Papa Ludwig.  For our baby, we named her Betty Alice, another family name and it was the first choice for both of us.

mama04inID

Answer by mama04inID at 7:04 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• wow so cool i love the vintage style names!!plus betty is such a cute classic name too!!i like the way u have incorporated family members into the baby name choosing process nice way to include others how thoughtful
    ashleysprincess

Comment by ashleysprincess (original poster) at 7:07 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I was going to name my dd Ariana. noone liked it. then i switched to Anna and i got shot down for that one too. it was hard because i already had the middle name before the first name.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:28 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I wanted my daughter's middle name to be Beatrice, after my grandmother.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:55 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• My name is Keisha. My first daughter's name is Karia. My second daughter's name is Kayla. So I wanted my 3rd daughter to have a K name too. It was narrowed down to Katelyn or Khloe. New FIL objected saying neither name was Jewish enough. So we went with Lydia. Lydia is 1 year old today.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:08 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• LOL...I get shot down every time I mention a girl name, either by hubby or by family. I like really old names. We're talking Gaelic/Welsh/Roman, etc. So far I have had to give up on using Arianrhod, Edana, Eseld, Maeve, Maris, Merryn, and Sibeal (pronounced Shi-bail)
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 9:46 AM on Jun. 14, 2011