I'm pregnant and have an ovarian cyst.

YES! I'm pregnant! After all this wondering and negative test results, I'm finally pregnant again! But now I'm worried about the baby. I've been experiencing spotting. No pain except on Sunday morning when I had pain in my lower right. I was told it was an ovarian cyst and the bleeding was because of it. But I continue to bleed. I've been to the doctors, had an ultrasound done. They didn't find the cyst but they also didn't find the fetus...which is probably because it's too early to detect anything. My concern is the spotting. Though they told me that it could be the cyst passing through.

I'm just wondering if the bleeding IS from the cyst and how long will it last? Has anyone ever gone through this while pregnant? I'm concerned because I've had a miscarriage before so I just wanna know if anyone has ever dealt with this sort of thing and what was the outcome for you?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 6:13 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I did have a couple of ovarian cysts found on my first u/s with baby 4. I was told they are actually normal and as the pregnancy progressed they would disappear. They did by second u/s. I had no bleeding so I can't help you there but the dr said normally they do go away during pregnancy. How far along are you because I had an abdominal u/s at 8 weeks and the blob showed up on it. Or as my older kids called it a cashew.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 6:21 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I'm not exactly sure how far along I am. I'm guessing between 3 and 6 weeks. My last period was in October but I took a pregnancy test the week before Thanksgiving and it came up negative. So it's hard to say how far along I am. And I'm not sure what the HCG levels should be at during a certain time of pregnancy.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 6:24 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I had an ovarian cyst when i was about 13 weeks and I was told it was actually pretty normal in preganacy and that they usually dry up and go away as your pregnancy progressed but just as babyfat5 said, I had no bleeding either, so I'm not sure about that but I wish you the best of luck and congrats on the baby!
    patientlyw8ing

Answer by patientlyw8ing at 7:43 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i have PCOS and i have MC too with it i had it happen where test wont come up for 2 months and i would bleed but for me they ended in MC right now tomorrow ill be 7 weeks and i test on the day i miss my period and came back i was then three days later i started to spot and it was from a cyst im sure but so far everything is fine so it can go either way if you would like to talk you can message me

sorry if im not to clear on my answer just tired
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 7:45 PM on Dec. 11, 2008