Is it okay to lie on your back when you are 23 weeks along? I have my doctors appointment next monday, so I can ask then. I was wondering because that is when I feel the most movement.

kb81888

Asked by kb81888 at 7:03 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was told that you should NOT lie on your back for an extended amount of time. Something about lying on something that decreases blood flow.....supposed to lie on your side.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 7:05 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I also think that laying on your back decreases blood flow to you. The reason you feel so much movement is because you are laying down. It is normal. When you r up you won't feel it as much.
    sandy630

Answer by sandy630 at 7:29 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I was told if you want to lay on your back... lay with a pillow under one side to prop you a little. you just cant lay perfectly flat cause you could cut off circulation. Ask the doc not only if you can do it it but if you cant what is acceptable.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:07 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Laying on your back cuts off blood flow. I made the mistaking of laying on my back for too long and blacked out.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 9:15 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• oh thanks. i am usually propped up more so im not totally flat. i'll talk to my doctor too.
    kb81888

Comment by kb81888 (original poster) at 9:46 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• thx 4 Qstn !!!
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 10:11 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Im 19 weeks and my dr told me its ok to lay on my back just put a pillow under my legs to get some of the pressure of my back, which helps alot because my sides hurt really bad when i lay on my sides just ask your dr and see what they say about it :)
    zackarysmommy

Answer by zackarysmommy at 3:25 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• exactly. i start to hurt when i just lay on my sides!
    kb81888

Comment by kb81888 (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• i was able to lay on my back as log as i propped a pillow under my hip so i wasn't laying flat and did fine ......i blacked out when i had an ultrasound had to bend my knee to take off pressure
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 5:08 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• jeeze. can this hurt the baby if you lay on your back? or is it just you?
    kb81888

Comment by kb81888 (original poster) at 6:40 PM on Jun. 14, 2011