My children have December birthdays, do you think its okay to celebrate another month?

They never get to have school friends come to their birthday parties because of Christmas vacation. I was thinking of letting them have a birthday party in October, maybe a Halloween pre-birthday party, so they can have friends over to celebrate.

nacoledawn

Asked by nacoledawn at 7:38 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• My sons bday is the 19th of Dec. When we have tried to have a party everyone is too busy with christmas partys etc, so we have a party during November. Then we have a family party on his bday. Just do it another month that works for you and dont worry what other people think, Dec bdays are hard!
    cluemein

Answer by cluemein at 2:18 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• you could do anything you like, but why not just have a party before xmas break? that way, its still in their birthday month.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:41 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• My SIL's bday is 12/26 - she always celebrates her 1/2bday.

Answer by missanc at 10:48 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I don't see a problem with that.

I've often thought of having a half-birthday party for DD instead of a birthday party. She has a February birthday...early February...and we live in Ohio. So her birthday parties are always very iffy. And it doesn't help that we live in an area without any kiddie play areas and our driveway is so steep that we would never ask anyone to come to our house if weather was bad. Doing it all in August would be so much easier!!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:42 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• @dullscissors: December weather where I live can be pretty horrible and I live in a small town, so the roads stay bad for awhile. I personally don't go to any birthday parties December/January because of the weather (except family), so it creates the same dilemma-no kids for the party. Whereas October is still good weather, close to their birthday, people aren't broke because of Thanksgiving and Christmas yet, and I think I could get a lot of kids to attend a costume party.
    nacoledawn

Comment by nacoledawn (original poster) at 8:00 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• My daughter Bday is Dec. 6th. I always make sure she gets a party and Christmas So, she doesn't feel gipped. We like in KY so parties outside are depending on if the weather is cooperating. We have had parties in shorts and we have had some in the snow. My son's Bday in Feb. Usually it is cold or raining. So, we try and find something indoors. But, we have also thought of having a half Bday so they can play in the water or something. And then just do a family party on their Bday, Bday. Hope that made sense, lol
    SweetPea726

Answer by SweetPea726 at 1:24 AM on Jun. 16, 2011