Pregnant and at the pool or lake??! infront of ppl?!

okay so i am 10 wks thursday from having my beautiful baby boy Aedyn:D this is my first I'm 20, and I'm extremely anemic, so i get super exhausted easilyand hot! so being a stay at home soon to be mom i've been just staying at home during the wk and on the wkend with my DH going to the lake during day for boat rides then a walk into the water and out bc I'm not allowed to swim in the lake and then at night go to twilight swim at our town amusement park. this past wkend i went with my familyto the lake for the day and my grams is very conservative, my husband and mom talked me into getting a bikini bc they said pregnant women are extremely cute when wearing it lol and my grams being the person she is says " cover up!! pregnant women and pregnancy is not attractive! what did you think the guys were going to turn there heads just to see a pregnant girl??!" i calmly holding bk the tears bc this is infront of a group of ppl grabbed my towel and went to my car asking my husband if we could just go home. same night my aunt aka grams sis. lives in my same townsaid she seen me and my DH at night swim and i thot she was being nice and she said 2 days a wk her and her friends go sun bathe and dip in the pool and if id like to come sometime i could, i accepted the invite then she turned around saying maybe you could wear a shirt or dresssince we will be public!! WTH?? i know I'm not extremely attractive having a huge bump, but i have a very pretty stomach, my husband lovess it!, its soo hot out that the less that on does feel good! and i don't just parade around in it i just get on the boat in it or if going or in water, rest of time i have a cover up on!! what's ur opinion?? about pregnant women in bikinis? am i wrong??

amberpowell

Asked by amberpowell at 7:42 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• if you look good in a bikini WITHOUT being pregnant, you'll look good WHILE being pregnant.
    however, if you are a huge cow, with fat hanging off your back...and otherwise do not look good in a bikini, being pregnant will not make you look attractive. sorry excuse to wear a bikini. JMHO

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:45 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I agree with the above....if you looked good in a bikini before pregnancy chances are you'll look fine while pregnant. I wore a bikini with both my pregnancies.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:51 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• lol i lost a lot of weight at first of pregnancy i weigh 113 and the only thing big is this tummy of mine! lol
    amberpowell

Comment by amberpowell (original poster) at 7:53 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• well, unless you are only 3' tall, i'm sure you look fine. lol!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:54 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• you will look good. don't worry.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 8:05 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• It is just her age, let it go,, you almost sound underweight!!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:26 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I'm sure you look very cute! Probably that's not the issue.

Keep in mind you are dealing with different generations. In my mother-in-law's generation, pregnant women avoided being seen at ALL- like no grocery shopping, even, or being out in their yard, answering their door, etc. They disappeared. In my mother's generation and up to 10 years ago, I never saw a pregnant woman in a bikini- all the clothes were designed to hide the belly. My friends in their 40s all think it's kind of icky to wear tight shirts when pregnant, especially when the belly button pops out.

The idea of showing your belly when pregnant- much less without any clothes on it- is VERY new, and while young people are going to appreciate it, many older people will think it's a little indecent- much like you'd feel if men wore speedos out to a poolside restaurant. It takes some getting used to.

Some people also think Everyone should wear a shirt in public
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 8:44 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• 10 weeks is not that far along. You probably don't look pregnant/have not popped yet. Plus bikinis scream sex and being pregnant screams I had sex. So in your grandmother's mind you are flaunting your sexuality. Do want you want, but don't expect everybody to approve. Your grandmother was very rude to speak to you like that, but I'm not surprised that that is what she is thinking. Feel free to say Wow Grams that was rude!  The part about "did you think the guys were going to turn their heads just to see a pregnant girl??!"  bothers me the most.  You are married and shouldn't be trying to get other men to turn their heads in the first place. What is wrong with her that she thinks all your value is in your looks!  She has a right to her opinion, but she needs to remember to keep it to herself sometimes.

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 8:50 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Im 28 weeks and showing ALOT and I still wear a bikini. If you are worried about your body while pregnant, you shouldnt be. Its temporarily being borrowed by a little baby. Let him/her take control
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 9:09 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• no i only have 10 wks left! lol
    amberpowell

Comment by amberpowell (original poster) at 9:18 AM on Jun. 14, 2011