Best cold & flu remidies please!

I'm sneezing, sore throat, stuffy nose, and generally feeling like crap :( What can I take???

Thanks :)

kylie_bob

Asked by kylie_bob at 7:46 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Health

• Prevention is best and can be easily done with the proper diet and vitamin/mineral supplementation, especially Vitamins C & D. Once a cold actually hits, though, all you can really do is manage the symptoms. You can try OTC meds but they really don't work and do more harm than good.

For sore throat, you can gargle with a oregano oil mixed in some warm water. Garlic works great for sore throats so get as much of it as you can (I cut it up, let it sit for 5 minutes, and then swallow it (do not chew) with a big gulp of water ever few hours). Try a spoonful or 2 of hot sauce to loosen up your stuffy nose and then rinse with a neti pot to keep the nasal passages clear and free from gunk. Vitamin C is a natural antiviral so make sure you're getting tons of it. Stay away from dairy whenever you have a cold and make sure you're taking a good quality probiotic. Feel better soon!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:52 AM on Jun. 14, 2011