Do you think its unhealthy?!

so far my gain on pregnancy is 2 pds and i have 10wks left. The baby, he's healthy as could be and hit a growth spert weighing 3 pds! :) i go between weighing 111-113. my doc says it will be ok, less for me to loose, but do you think its healthy for both me and the baby? how much did u gain in ur pregnancy?!

amberpowell

Asked by amberpowell at 8:06 AM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Health

• i gained a whopping 26lbs, total. and i might add, most of it came toward the end of the pregnancy.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:07 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• i gained about 30 lbs and i have a week left .... most of mine came on the end too but its alot of water...
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 8:09 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I'm overweight to begin with....with both my kids I weighed less at 9 months than when I got pregnant, it was easier to eat healthy and workout when it wasn't just about me....but being overweight during my pregnancies it was "ok" by my doctor as long as the baby was a normal weight. If baby seems okay, and you are eating enough for the two of you, then I don't see anything wrong with it
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:15 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I gained 17 pounds with my first, 6 pounds with my second. My non-pregnancy weight was 116 before each so I wasn't much more than you. If your doc says you're ok, don't worry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• With my first, I only gained 14 lbs, with my second, I gained 10, then lost 12, with my third, I only lost, and with the last, my weight stayed the same the whole time. I am a bit on the heavy side, though. Everyone turned out just fine, and my babies were all very healthy, with the exception of my last, who was born with a heart defect(but it was not caused by something I did, just to clarify). The last was my biggest, at 8lbs, 15 ounces.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:57 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Everyone is different just like no two pregnancy's are the same... The baby will take what he or she need regardless of your weight gain. Don't stress when you don't have to.... Do you trust your doctor? if you do listen to them. if you don't get rid of them and get a new one.
    Mommy_Aiken

Answer by Mommy_Aiken at 10:37 AM on Jun. 14, 2011